Mt. Pilatus 2nd

Publiziert von Naesi , 27. Januar 2009 um 21:31.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Nidwalden
Tour Datum:25 Januar 2009
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT2 - Schneeschuhwanderung
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Pilatusgebiet   CH-NW   CH-OW 
Zeitbedarf: 3:30
Aufstieg: 1650 m
Strecke:Alpnachstad - Ämsigen - Mattalp - Chilchsteinen - Pilatus Kulm

"If at first you don't succeed try, try and try again..." and eventually, "you'll meet someone on the way to the top." Or so... doesn't make any sense? *shrug*

I abandoned my initial idea about ski-ing on Mt. Pilatus on the very next day, and soon found out that I wouldn't have been the only one to do so: several ski-traces led from the coulouir of Matthorn down to Mattalp and a little further down. And about the GPS tour (geocaching-thingy-stuff): I made up my mind and decided against it.

Since I wanted to work in the afternoon - just kidding: I didn't want to but I had to (no choice *sigh* for God's sake, it's Sunday!!!) - I took the direct line from Alpnachstad to Aemsigen to Mattalp to Chilchsteinen to Pilatus Kulm for the xyz'-time. The sun was shining, the snow in some places still hip-deep and I enjoyed a peaceful hike upwards.

Somewhere near Aemsigen I met Mr Pilatusghost himself: Sepp-Dude, the man who ran, hiked, hurried to Pilatus Kulm for 116 times in 2008 starting from either Brunni (Hergiswil) NW, Alpnach Dorf, Alpnachstad etc. Okay, how about my somewhat 50 times in 2008? And I really believed my number to be quite extraordinary. I humbly apologise! Nevertheless... I'm still young, willing, healthy and wild and will try hard (for further information on this subject: see the first sentence of this little report).

There was a man from somewhere who couldn't keep up with my speed. And there he was standing about 100 meters below Kulm looking up, having a Pickel on his rucksack for whatever-he-had-intended-to-do... and there was another man from somewhere who sped upwards like Speedy Gonzales. My goodness... he probably was twice my age (whereas the later was about the same age... blutjung! *pfff*).

I got to Kulm, I took off my snowshoes, I directly went to the cable-thingy which took me down to Fräkmündegg and Kriens.

... and if the weather is (and it'll with all probability "be") I'll go again next Saturday... and again... and again... and again. BTW: You'll get a Pilatus Jahreskarte for only 279.- CHF. A bargain!

Tourengänger: Naesi

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T2
T3
7 Aug 20
Matthorn und Tomlishorn · Makubu
T4 I
2 Jun 23