Schülberg, Biet, and Fidisberg - half spring, half winter

Publiziert von Roald , 21. Mai 2016 um 22:14.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Schwyz
Tour Datum:21 Mai 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-SZ   Westliche Sihltaler Alpen   Nördliche Muotataler Alpen 
Zeitbedarf: 9:00
Aufstieg: 1400 m
Abstieg: 1400 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Weglosen.

Schülberg (1930 m), Biet (1965 m), and Fidisberg (1919 m) - half spring, half winter

Since there is still so much snow at higher elevations, I chose to go to Hoch-Ybrig and explore the area around Schülberg. The weather was perfect, but there was still a lot of snow even below 2000 m elevation.

Route:
From Weglosen on the mountain road towards Druesberghütte. From P.1696 up towards the summit of Schülberg on the green and white marked trail. Back down the same way. Then past Lehhütte and Hinterofen to the summit of Biet (1965 m). Back down to Hinterofen and Lehhütte, then up to the summit of Fidisberg.

I could have marked this hike as a WT2 snowshoe hike, because I had to walk quite some distance in the snow, especially during the ascent to Biet. But I did not actually use snowshoes. However, I was lucky that I brought my gaiters along. The snow was mostly compact, but I did sink in a few times. The snow fields on Biet and Fidisberg also gave me the opportunity to do some snow surfing on the way down.

Difficulties:
Ascent/descent Schülberg on the green and white marked trail: T3+ (it was a bit wet)
Ascent/descent Biet from Hinterofen (T2/T3 or WT2 , snow covered all the way from Hinterofen to Hinter Wannenhöchi)
Ascent/descent Fidisberg from near Lehhütte (T3- , I didn't follow any trail)

Equipment: hiking sticks, gaiters

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4
9 Aug 23
Schülberg & Biet · miCHi_79
T6 II ZS
12 Nov 22