Muttenstock (3089 m) - bike & hike from Brigels

Publiziert von Roald , 31. August 2015 um 20:11.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Surselva
Tour Datum:28 August 2015
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4+ - Alpinwandern
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR   Hausstockgruppe   CH-GL 
Zeitbedarf: 9:00
Aufstieg: 1700 m
Abstieg: 1500 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Chairlift from Brigels to Burleun
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:By bike from Alp Dado Sut down to Brigels
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel in Brigels

Hiking to Muttenstock from Brigels is a lot longer than from the Tierfehd/Muttsee side, but I was in Brigels and wanted to give it a try. The ascent towards the summit is supposedly a bit easier than from the Muttsee side.

Start in Brigels at 9:15, which was rather late, but that is when the chairlift starts operating (Brigels - Burleun). I brought my bike along (free of charge on the chair lift), and left the bike at elevation 2000 m (shortly before Alp Dadens Sura). From there in an almost straight line towards Muttenstock (see attached GPS track). After passing Alp Dadens Sura, there were hardly any visible paths anymore. The final ascent to Muttenstock is very steep above 2900 m and requires the use of hands in many places. Due to this section, I rate it T4+.

From the summit of Muttenstock the view was magnificent, even though some clouds were lingering around. There was only a broken cross, and no "Gipfelbuch" on the top. After taking some pictures, I proceeded to the neighboring peak Piz Gavirolas, and then back down following a slightly different path than during the ascent (see attached GPS track).

Afterwards the way back was essentially the same as the way up. The bike ride from Alp Dado Sut to Brigels is included in the GPS track (but not in the elevation gain/loss figures).

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»