Furtschellas 2840m

Publiziert von KrisG , 2. September 2013 um 14:43.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberengadin
Tour Datum:20 August 2013
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 6:00
Aufstieg: 527 m
Abstieg: 527 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Furtschellas cable car

We (Natalie and me) took the cable car in Sils Maria to gain some height, I had already done that part by foot a couple of years ago, so saving my knees by taking the cable car seemed a logical move.  It was very cold (air temperature around P01 °C with a lot of wind, giving a windchill temperature of around M09/M08 °C on the summit).   On a previous walk in the Fex valley I did already Piz Grialetsch 2743m and the South side of Furtschellas, so this time we decided to take the North route, once you see the second lake at 2646m you have to leave the "Wasserweg" and search your route to the left of the ski-chairlift (not in use during the Summer time), there is a trail visible, just before the final part it becomes a bit more difficult to find the route as you enter a field of lose small rocks, but it is only a small section, shortly there after you reach the col at 2791m, from then on it is only 10 minutes or so to the summit of the nameless peak of 2840m : "Klein Furtschellas" isn't a orginal proposition but makes sence I think.  There's a stoneman on the summit, and the view is really wonderful.   We descended to the col and there we took the southern option (marked by yellow-red signs) : it was a beautiful (with a marmot) descend against the flank of Piz Corvatsch, at around 2685m we joined up with official trail to Piz Chüern 2686m, but timing issues forced us to take a short cut via Munt Sura at Alp Munt in order to be on time for the last cable car down.

The Fex valley is an absolute beauty (lovely views on the glaciers of the Bernina massif and also beautiful vieuws on the lakes between Sankt-Moritz and Maloja), the North-side climb of the col is less attractive due to the presence of the ski-lift, but the summit and the descend on the other side are a recommendation.

Tourengänger: KrisG

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

WT5
T4 L
20 Jun 18
Il Chaputscin · ser59
T6 WS+
T2