Stockberg – taking advantage of a short ridge of high pressure

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 27. März 2008 um 08:57.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:26 März 2008
Ski Schwierigkeit: WS-
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-SG 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Stein SG, Breitenau or cff logo Stein SG, Gemeindehaus
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Stein SG, Breitenau or cff logo Stein SG, Gemeindehaus

The weather forecast for the Toggenburg promised a short ridge of high pressure for the afternoon; a short window of more or less blue sky. With all the snow we got in the past days the avalanche safe short ski tour from Stein to Stockberg seemed like the perfect thing to do in the afternoon. When I changed trains in Wattwil it rained and I was afraid the weather forecast was wrong, but as soon as I got off the Bus in Stein the blue sky appeared and the sun came out.

Going up in my T-Shirt, I took the normal route to the Stockberg: from Stein Breitenau up the Steinerberg, at P. 1010 shortly following the street to Hinterberg and then going up to the summit via Oberstofel, Josenhüttli and Stockneregg.

Not very often you can do the Stockberg with skis all the way from and down to Stein at this time of the year. It was amazing how much snow there actually was, considering the fact that a little more than a week ago the southern slopes of the Stockberg were more or less completely snow free. However, the snow was very heavy and difficult to ski. Without layback I got stuck in the heavy deep powder even where it was rather steep.

Stein Breitenau – P. 1010 – Hinterberg – Oberstofel - Josenhüttli – Stockneregg – Stockberg and back down again

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T3+
L
28 Jan 12
Quickie auf den Stockberg (1782m) · Bergamotte
L
L