Mattjisch Horn – a surprisingly sunny ski tour

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 30. Januar 2008 um 20:11.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Schanfigg
Tour Datum:30 Januar 2008
Ski Schwierigkeit: WS
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Langwies GR
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Langwies GR

The weather forecast was rather bad, but I decided to do an easy ski tour anyway. The Mattjisch Horn seemed the right choice for a “bad weather tour”.

When I arrived in Langwies it was a little cloudy - nothing serious though, I thought it’d be all right. From the train station I walked up to the town and put my skis and skins on at the beginning of the sledding run. Soon the clouds disappeared, the blue sky and the sun came out! I followed the sledding run to P. 1492 and then the summer hiking path to the “Skihaus Pirigen”. There where some snow free patches on the way but not too bad and I always left my skis on; all in all I was surprised how much snow there still was after the rather warm period we had.

From Pirigen I followed one of the many ski traces up to Wit Furgga and then all the way up to Mattjisch Horn. Once I was up there the clouds started rolling in and the wind was quite strong, but still way better than I had expected. For my way down I chose the Direttissima via Patätsch – Campadiel – Matte – Muren and Ober Wis down to Langwies again. The snow definitely wasn’t the best I ever had, it was OK for the first few hundred meters where the frozen layer held my weight, but especially between Patätsch and Campadiel there was a terrible breakable crust (Bruchharsch).

Langwies – P. 1492 Pirigen – Wit Furgga – Mattjisch Horn – Patätsch – Campadiel – Matte – Muren – Ober Wis – Langwies

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»