Piz Lischana (3105) - my first 3000

Publiziert von Jeppe , 22. April 2010 um 17:15.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Unterengadin
Tour Datum:22 Juli 2009
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Lischana Gruppe   CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 9:00
Aufstieg: 2000 m
Abstieg: 2000 m
Strecke:San Jon - Chamanna Lischana - P3044 - Piz Lischana - P3044 - Chamanna Lischana - San Jon
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:San Jon but can easily be reached with bus from Scuol - S-Charl
Kartennummer:1199 Scuol - 249T Tarasp

When we first decided to go for vacation in Scuol I started looking for trips in the area and was quickly fascinated by and convinced that I wanted to try to reach Piz Lischana. 

During the week we stayed in Scuol we had extremely nice weather and my brother and I decided to make the trips as a one day trip even though it is often described as a 2-day trip with an overnight stay in the Chamanna Lischana.

The trip was therefore done on a very warm, nice and sunny day but quite windy in the upper parts.

We chose to make an early start and drove up to San Jon where we parked the car. We started the walk around 7 which was a good decision as we then had the fresh morning air to chill us on the lower part - we first really met the sun when we approached Chamanna Lischana 1100 meters higher.

The first part of the trip mainly goes through the wood and later winding up through low vegetation in curves towards Piz Lischana - we had brought a lot to drink but on the lower part there where many possibilities for re-supplying with water (but not above the hut). We walked in a good decent speed with almost no breaks and arrived at the hut around 2 hours later, which is somewhat faster than described in various guides. This part of the road is easily walked but drains energy due to the constant climb as there is a lack of plain segments.

Well arrived at the Chamanna Lischana we took our first break and enjoyed the sunny morning view down on Scuol.

Setting out again the next couple of hours was spent on going up through the valley and reaching the plateau in 2950 meter. This part of the road is still ready accessible but are more rocky and and also crosses a few snow fields.

At the plateau the wind was strong and we had a small lunch break behind some rocks. Refreshed with energy we went up to P3044 to take a look on the last part of the trip - and of course took the classical photo from this angle - see title picture.

The unmarked path from P3044 to Piz Lischana requires a little concentration and due to wind bursts this day we had to stand still a couple of times to maintain balance. It is a route with fantastic view. When walking towards Piz Lischana you have the peak in profile at all times but also the return walk is very nice with the small glacier Vadret da Triazza and the rock line above.

Reaching the top was a fantastic feeling - I had reached my first 3000 without technical assistance so for me it was a victory and it feels like a good achievement due to the relative high numbers of meters ascented (and descented). The 360 degree view is fantastic and we spent a good time looking in all directions after having made the entry in the "Gipfelbuch". Also enjoyed was the characteristic red rocks.

We made our decent the same way as we ascented via P3044 and Chamanna Lischana and reached the parking lot - after having spent a little time searching.......around 16.00 in the afternoon - back in Scuol we were rather exhausted and especially the next days the muscles were "a bit" soar.

Tourengänger: Jeppe

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

S-
2 Mär 14
Skitour in der Lischanagruppe · Merida
S+
2 Mär 14
Best of Lischana · danski