Marwees ridge

Publiziert von olethros , 2. Oktober 2021 um 21:42.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Appenzell
Tour Datum: 2 Oktober 2021
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-AI   Alpstein 
Zeitbedarf: 4:00
Aufstieg: 1450 m
Abstieg: 1450 m

Got the second train from St. Gallen and arrived at 7:45 at Wasserauen. 

For this walk, I packed a light bag and telescopic poles: I thought I might need the extra stability since my ankle was not back to full strength yet. (It took me two weeks to start running again after the sprain, and it still complains when going downhill)

Climbed briskly Huttentobe to Bogartenluecke. Then I took it easy for a bit, admiring the view south and looking at the climb up the Marwees. It looked steep, but I was not sure how slippery.

In the end, just I was getting ready to start, two other guys which I had passed on the first ascent, started climbing it so I followed at their pace. It suited me, as I didn't feel like slipping. It had been dry, so the path was not particularly difficult, though the melange of rocks and mud at points was tricky and I had to use my hands on occassion.

This was, however, the only delicate part. The remainder of the climb to the ridge was on quite solid ground and rocks. The ridge itself is mostly flat, with only a few sections where the use of hands is warranted, and in good weather it is nothing to worry about. One can enjoy the view most of the time.

I did the descent passing near (but not through) Meglisalp. This is a slog, and I could not really run due to my ankle, so it took me a while to descent. I returned to Wasserauen passing over Seealpsee on the south side, which is a bit more interesting. The last half hour the trail was crowded with tourists, so I went even slower.

Thankfully, I was at the station 2' before the train left. Only one inconsequential fall this time: I was on the trail to Wasserauen and eating while descending, so not paying much attention. Nevertheless, I think my inov-8 x-talon need replacement. Half of the studs are nearly gone.

Tourengänger: olethros

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4+ II
28 Mai 15
Marwees · Urs
T5 II
28 Jun 16
Widderalpstöck und Hundstein · carpintero