Piz Languard (3263 m) & Muot da la Pischa (3025 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 12. Oktober 2019 um 21:05.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberengadin
Tour Datum:12 Oktober 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 6:15
Aufstieg: 1250 m
Abstieg: 1250 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (12 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Pontresina. Parking at the valley station for the chairlift (fee 1 Fr./hour, max 12 hours). With the chair lift from Pontresina up to Alp Languard. The ride with the chair lift is included with the Engadin card, which you get for free in the summer season if you stay at least two nights in a hotel in the area.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Alpenhotel Quadratscha in Samedan.
Kartennummer:https://s.geo.admin.ch/84ebf4af81

Great hike to Piz Languard (3263 m) & Muot da la Pischa (3025 m). The weather was perfect with mild temperatures and hardly any wind. Great views to surrounding mountains, and I got to see a couple of ibex close up!

First I took the chair lift from Pontresina up to Alp Languard, and then I started my hike at 8:45 AM. I followed the wrw marked trail in the direction of Piz Languard. The route was basically free of snow, even in the upper part. The view from the summit was absolutely fantastic!

I thought the Georgy hut would be closed, but due to the great weather it is open this weekend. Overall I can roughly estimate that 40-50 people went up to Piz Languard today. But I was quite early and there were not many at that time. For the difficulty I would chose a T3- if that existed. Most of the hike is a T2, but the upper part is a bit more like an easy T3.

After descending from Piz Languard, I continued on the wrw marked trail towards Fuorcla Pischa. However, my goal was not Fuorcla Pischa, but Muot da la Pischa. I ascended off trail to the south ridge of Muot da la Pischa, and followed the south ridge to the summit (T3). Up there I was lucky to meet two male ibex. They were not very shy, but after I reached the summit, they slowly left the area.

For the descent I did some scree surfing down the south flank (T3+, it's about 35° steep). Next, I followed the wrw marked trail past Lej Languard and Chamanna Paradis back to Alp Languard, where I took the chair lift down to Pontresina.

Remarks:
Please see the attached GPS track for more details about the route.
Equipment: hiking sticks.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»