CASTELLO (2808 m)

Publiziert von GM , 15. August 2019 um 16:53.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Tessin » Locarnese
Tour Datum:14 August 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5 - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-TI   Gruppo Pizzo Castello 
Zeitbedarf: 7:15
Aufstieg: 1650 m
Strecke:10.9 km

Leave the path marked for the Poncione di Braga refuge at the three huts of the Grassa del Piatto (1950 m) and climb up the slope freely between the sparse vegetation; some man of stone indicates the way to the Bocchetta di Serodano which is reached by a last steep grassy slope. The problem is that the Bocchetta has nothing to do with our excursion, and with a horizontal path on a steep slope conected by rocky plates, we cross towards to the SE up to the Bocchetta del Corte di Là (which would be the real Bocchetta di Serodano, given the CNS error). From here, go up the north side of Castello up to the carving at an altitude of about 1650 m where, at an obvious trail sign, you enter the W side of the Pizzo Castello.
I found the way much less exposed and dangerous than what was told, and the environment is wonderfully repulsive.
I reached the summit of Pizzo Castello (1650 m and 4h30' from Ghieiba), surrounding the final boulder to the south (easy but slightly twisted), surpassed instead directly downhill.
... The man in the high castle (cit.) ...
The descent is delicate in the first section up to the carving of the second canal, above all because the ground is very friable, then the road does not present any relative problem.

Tourengänger: GM

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

ZS IV
27 Aug 08
Pizzo Castello Cresta SSW · lorenzo
WS- II
L I
28 Sep 13