Hinterer Scharnitzkopf (2554m) - Quick and rewarding

Publiziert von NL1987 , 9. September 2018 um 18:03.

Region: Welt » Österreich » Nördliche Ostalpen » Lechtaler Alpen
Tour Datum:18 August 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: A 
Zeitbedarf: 3:45
Aufstieg: 670 m
Abstieg: 670 m
Kartennummer:AV 3/4 Lechtaler Alpen - Heiterwand und Muttekopfgebiet

After the Brunnkarspitze from the day previous we wanted to do something quick and easy. As my brother had never been on the Scharnitzsattel before, I came up with this idea. We parked at the Hahntennjochstraße and from there walked into the Hahntennkar towards the 550 meter higher Scharnitzsattele. The first meters are through Latschen followed by a well maintained trail through scree. The last height meters until the Sattele are a tad more strenuous. However, there are steel wire ropes attached to the rocks for those that need an extra hand.

At the Scharnitzsattel (2441m) there were some Germans enjoying their well deserved Schnaps (it was 10 AM). We rested for a couple of minutes and then set off in the opposite direction of the Northeast ridge of the Muttekopf. The route goes along the north side of the mountain ridge and is easy to find due to the couple of yellow dots sprayed onto the rock. In only 20 minutes the summit (2554m) is reached with a tiny bit of climbing, but nothing difficult. Although it was quite cloudy on our ascent and at the top, it was very enjoyable to be able to look to the Heiterwand on your left and towards the Muttekopf and Imst on the right. You also have a nice view of the Hornbachkette. After a nice long pause we took off back to the Sattele and down to the Hahntennjoch.

Summary:
We would not have thought that this short tour would feel so rewarding, but we can recommend it to anyone who's not in for a long walk. The route is easy to find and only the last bit to the top has maybe some Kletterei im I. Schwierigkeitsgrad.

Liebe grüße,

Die Holländer

Tourengänger: NL1987

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»