Ski tour in Flumserberg - powder on April 29th!

Publiziert von Roald , 29. April 2017 um 21:20.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:29 April 2017
Ski Schwierigkeit: L
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-SG   Spitzmeilengruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 4:00
Aufstieg: 1000 m
Abstieg: 1000 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Tannenbodenalp.

Start at Tannenbodenalp at 13:00, the temperature was +4°C. It was of course quite late in the day for a ski tour, but I assumed conditions would remain favorable due to the cold temperatures. And in fact, above 1600 m there was still powder on north facing slopes in the late afternoon!

I went from Tannenbodenalp to Chrüz, then up to Prodkamm (chairlift station), and to the actual Prodkamm summit. Since I was late, all the uphill tracks were ready to use. Thanks to those skiers who created the tracks in the early morning!

At Prodkamm I removed the skins from the skis and skied down to where the Twärchamm chair lift starts. Next, I ascended to Maschgenkamm, and from there I skied back down to Tannenbodenalp.

At Tannenbodenalp there was about 15-20 cm of fresh snow, but it started becoming soft, and will not last long I guess. At elevation 1800 m, there was about 30 cm of fresh snow!

As I am still recovering from a cold, it was a bit of a slow go, and I did not make it to Leist as originally planned. Maybe next time...

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Skitouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»