Bike & hike: Piz Dado (2699 m) and Piz Dadens (near the summit)

Publiziert von Roald , 8. November 2014 um 22:37.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Surselva
Tour Datum:17 Juli 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4- - Alpinwandern
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR   Bifertengruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 8:30
Aufstieg: 1750 m
Abstieg: 1750 m
Strecke:About 16 km hiking + 8.5 km downhill by bike
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to the lake in Brigels

Piz Dado (2699 m) is probably not visited very often. At the time of writing this report, there were only two other hikr hike reports for this peak. Of course, it takes quite some effort to reach Piz Dado, as there are no chair lifts or cable cars leading up that way. But the peak does offer a magnificent view, and is well worth the hike. And if you bring along the mountain bike, the ride down from Tschegn Dado is almost "for free". Most of the hike itself is T3, but some areas may be considered T4.

Starting point: By car to the parking lot at the lake in Brigels, close to the chair lift station (elevation 1255 m).

Brigels lake (1255 m) - Tschegn Dadens Sut (1720 m) - Tschegn Dado (1995 m) -> (hiking time 2 h 20 min)
I started off with the mountain bike through the village of Brigels. Then I followed an unpaved road through the forest but as it became steeper I mostly walked the bike. The main goal was to bring the bike along to save time on the way back down. Shortly after the alp at Tschegn Dado at about 2000 m elevation I left my bike behind.

Tschegn Dado (1995 m) - Piz Dado (2699 m) -> (hiking time 1 h 40 min)
From Tschegn Dado I continued hiking up the ridge towards Piz Dado. From the summit of Piz Dado there was a magnificent view, as can be seen from the pictures. Some other hikers had also found their way to the peak on this nice summer day.

Piz Dado (2699 m) - Val Miez - Piz Dadens northern summit (2750 m) -> (hiking time 1 h 15 min)
From the summit of Piz Dado it looked like it could be possible to hike/climb down to the ridge leading towards Piz Dadens. But I was not sure, and chose the longer way down the ridge from Piz Dado, down into Val Miez, and then up again to the northern summit of Piz Dadens at about 2750 m. The main summit seems only accessible from Val Dadens.

Piz Dadens northern summit (2750 m) -> Val Miez - Tschegn Dado (1995 m) -> (hiking time 1 h 15 min)
After visiting Piz Dadens, I hiked back down through Val Miez. This area is amazing with all the rocks and boulders.

Tschegn Dado (1995 m) - Tschegn Dadens Sut (1720 m) - Brigels lake (1255 m) -> (biking time 40 min)
From Tschegn Dado it was an easy ride down to Brigels with the mountain bike.

The total hike & bike time was 8 hours 20 min from start to finish, but as usual I spent a lot of time taking pictures. Please see the GPS track attached, it should be quite accurate.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 22935.kmz

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4
24 Jun 20
Piz Dado · leuzi
T5+