Rochers De Naye - 2042m - Before The Rain

Publiziert von MicheleK , 1. Oktober 2013 um 23:12.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Waadt » Waadtländer Alpen
Tour Datum:28 September 2013
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-VD   CH-FR 
Zeitbedarf: 5:15
Aufstieg: 500 m
Abstieg: 1400 m
Strecke:Buvette de Jaman - Dent de Jaman - Grottes De Nayes - Rochers de Naye - SAutodoz - Les Echets - Caux - Glion
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:La Buvette de Jaman - by train from Glion
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Glion

Rain all over the alps, south, west, north, east and everything in between...

My original mountaneering plans drawned... while driving from Geneva towards Lausanne I finalise my back-up plan: I ditch the Haute Cime (9h, too long under these circumstances)  and decide to go for a hike in a new area and choose the Rochers De Naye high above Montreux (I have always wanted to go up there). Due to international logistics I can only start at 2 pm and because rain was foreseen for the evening, I was left with a proper 5-6h window.  The last train was coming down already at 5.36 pm and I wanted to enjoy the views from the top and so it was clear that I would go up a bit by train and come down on my own  - normally the other way around is easier for the knees - but hey... that was a good plan.

So I start at Buvette de Jaman (2.30 pm) and first go up the steep Dent de Jaman (T3) from where there is great view down to the lake. From there I walk down and then up a confortable path to Col de Bonaudon and onwards to Grottes de Naye. Equipped with my frontal torch I scramble up the pich dark cave with two ladders and cables and easily get to to ridge towards Rochers de Naye. The view into Fribourg Alps is new to me and very nice and the face towards Jaman impressive. On the ridge I walk past the ferrata exit (I had forgotten about it...) to the summit, which is not of the most beautiful (hotel, ugly restaurant, antennas...). I leave (5.30 pm) quickly take the steep trail down the S side (T3). In many switchbacks over unstable ground I loose altitude quickly and moments before I reach the forest it starts to rain for good (6.30 pm). On a good path in the nice and cool forest and then below 1200 m on the asphalt road I reach Caux and then at 19.30 finally Glion station.

Fazit: very nice walk to get to know the area - next time the ferrata should be a must... great views on Lake Leman!

Tourengänger: MicheleK

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»