Hike to Plattenberg (2081 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 6. Mai 2018 um 17:15.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Schwyz
Tour Datum: 6 Mai 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5- - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GL   CH-SZ   Oberseegruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 5:45
Aufstieg: 1175 m
Abstieg: 1175 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (10 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Wägitalersee. Some parking available next to the road between Ziggen and Oberhof.
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch

This was a very nice hike to Plattenberg (2081 m) in perfect weather.

I followed the wrw marked trail from Wägitalersee via Aberli to Hohfläschenmatt. From there I ascended on the left side in the south flank directly towards the summit of Plattenberg. Between elevation 1800 and 1900 m, the average slope is actually 41°. But the grass is starting to become green, and with the ice axe in my hand it was easier to ascend than what I expected.

According to the summit book, it was only the third visit to the summit this year. When Djenoun was there one month ago, it was with skis. Now there is no snow left where I ascended in the south flank.

However, for the descent in direction Mürli, I encountered a couple of snowfields. The first one I could cross when using my ice axe. The second snow field blocked the typical path in the steepest area, so I had to climb down along the ridge instead.

Main difficulties:
Ascent from above Hohfläschenmatt in the south flank directly towards the summit: T4.
Descent from the summit in direction SE (towards Mürli). Due to remaining snowfields I had to improvise a bit, and at least in one place the difficulty was T5-.

Please see attached GPS track for more details on the route.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Ice axe

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (2)

Kommentar hinzufügen

MarcN hat gesagt: Update
Gesendet am 7. Mai 2018 um 09:26
Thanks Roald for the upate on the Area! Very good pictures. This helps my planning :-)

Roald hat gesagt: RE:Update
Gesendet am 10. Mai 2018 um 09:24
Hi Marc,
Danke, es freut mich wenn die Fotos hilfreich sind!
Gruss,
Roald

Kommentar hinzufügen»