Piz d'Artgas (2787 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 11. September 2016 um 16:32.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Surselva
Tour Datum:10 September 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4+ - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Mountainbike Schwierigkeit: L - Leicht fahrbar
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR   Hausstockgruppe 
Zeitbedarf: 5:15
Aufstieg: 1150 m
Abstieg: 950 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Chair lift from Brigels to Burleun.
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:With the mountain bike from Alp Quader back down to Brigels.

Piz d'Artgas is a very nice viewpoint close to the mountain lodge Bifertenhütte, and it can be reached within a relatively short time from Brigels. This was important, since the weather forecast predicted scattered thunderstorms for the afternoon. I first took the chair lift from Brigels to Burleun, bringing my mountain bike along. You don't pay extra to have the mountain bike transported up. Due to the steep road, I mostly walked the mountain bike up to Alp Quader, where I left the bike behind. Next, I followed the marked hiking trails to Falla Lenn (T2).

From Falla Lenn I ascended the steep scree area in southerly direction following some path traces (T3-T4). Further up you can see that there are two possible couloirs. The left one is shorter and less steep, so I chose that one. Towards the end of the couloir there is one climbing section I-II, which may be a bit tricky on the way down cause good grips are hard to find. Overall I would rate the couloir T4+.

After reaching the ridge, there is still some easy climbing (I) in a few places, but always with good grips. The view from the summit was great, despite some clouds on nearby mountain tops. I didn't find a summit book. There were several cairns, and a place to sleep (just need to bring your own sleeping bag).

For the descent, I headed back down the ridge about half-way to the entry point for the couloir, but then I went down the steep scree in southerly direction until about elevation 2700 m. Here I spotted a few ibex. Next, I traversed to the west until it was possible to descend straight ahead down through the scree area. Further down there is a lot of loose scree, and very hard not to trigger falling stones. Overall the difficulty was T4. The exact route used for the descent would not really be suitable for an ascent due to all the loose scree.

After the descent through the scree, I headed back onto the marked trail in direction Alp Quader. Afterwards I rode my mountain bike down to Burleun for a late lunch.
(The bike ride is not included in the GPS track).

Total hiking distance: 14 km

Equipment: hiking sticks

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»