Schönbielhütte SAC (2694m)

Publiziert von KlaasP , 7. August 2015 um 11:56.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Wallis » Oberwallis
Tour Datum:21 Juli 2015
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-VS 
Zeitbedarf: 5:30
Aufstieg: 1000 m
Abstieg: 1000 m

There's not much to say about the path to the Schönbielhütte. It's not difficult (T2), nor does it leed you onto steep slopes. It is quite long though, since you have to go all the way through the Zmutt-valley. The distance Zermatt-Zmutt-Schönbielhütte-Zmutt-Zermatt is about 24 kilometers according to a book we have at home (I forgot the name of the book, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now :) ) . There are more than enough direction signs, so you would have to try real hard to get lost. At one point, a bit after the Arbenfall if I remember correctly, there's a junction, but the path at the right is closed because of rockfall. The left path, unfortunately, lets you go up and down a extra  60m. In just under 3 hours I reached the hütte. The descent took 2 hours 25 minutes. I must say I hurried quite a bit, so if I had done it at a slower pace, it would've probably taken me 1 hour and a half more. I realise that the description above isn't very comprehensive to say the least, but there's already plenty of information about the Schönbielhütte on Hikr, like this post *3 Tage bei Zermatt: Rothornhütte - Mettelhorn (fast) - Wisshorn - Höhbalmen - Schönbielhütte by Willem. I hope you enjoy the pictures.  

Tourengänger: KlaasP

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T3
31 Aug 19
Zur Schönbielhütte · raphiontherocks
T2
T5+ I
4 Aug 14