Rigi Hochflue

Publiziert von Stijn , 3. November 2014 um 20:49.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Schwyz
Tour Datum: 2 November 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4+ - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Rigigebiet   CH-SZ 
Zeitbedarf: 4:00
Aufstieg: 650 m
Abstieg: 1350 m

I had to be back in Zürich by mid-afternoon, so I had to choose a relatively short hike this Sunday. I selected the Rigi Hochflue, taking advantage of the Urmiberg cable car, which was open for the final day this year. I wasn't the only one with this idea...

----

A queue is already forming ten minutes before the cable car starts operating at 9am. I just about make in into the second cabin. From Obertimpel, I follow the blue signposts for Rigi Hochflue, making a detour onto the Gotterli summit. The Rigi Hochflue has an especially spectacular shape from this vantage point. You pay for it by immediately losing the 100m altitude just gained on the steep descent to Egg.

After Egg, the markings turn white-blue-white on the east ridge ascent of Rigi Hochflue. Indeed, the path becomes notably narrower as it follows the wooded ridge and you have to scramble up a few rocks. At the 1500m contour, the ridge leads onto a slope with light scree on the north side of the mountain. The main ridge is gained again by climbing through a steep gulley up an escarpment, the crux of the route. There are cables and iron rungs here, which are quite unnecessary for the experienced alpine hiker. Without using the artificial aids, there are one or two spots of grade II climbing. Otherwise I'd grade the route at T4+ / I.

From the top of the gulley, the remaining hike to the summit is surprisingly gentle and grassy. The summit is overcrowded already, so after taking a few pictures I immediately start my descent towards Zilistock. This route has two relatively long sections which are secured by chains. The second one is the steepest (T4) and is especially thrilling as you bear directly down onto the Vierwaldstättersee more than 1000m lower.

From the Zilistock farm I make a quick exploration of P. 1437 on the "Grat", to see if there are any good views to be had there. That's not really the case, so instead I pick a nice sunny spot in the Zilistock meadows to have my first real break since Gotterli. What remains is just a long descent through the woods past Bärfallen back to the valley station of the Urmiberg cable car. Nothing much has changed in the four hours that I've been gone. People are still queuing to go up in the cable car and my parking spot immediately has a new taker.

----

It was quite astonishing how many people were walking around on the Rigi Hochflue, given that the summit is only reachable on alpine hiking paths. Admittedly, there are three different such white-blue-white paths leading to the summit, quite a remarkable situation. When I come back to explore the remaining routes, I'll certainly try to pick a less crowded day...

Tourengänger: Stijn

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4+ II K1
17 Apr 11
Rigi Hochflue 1698m · Lulubusi
T4+
20 Mai 12
Rigi Hochflue über den Steig · Frangge