Stoffel Eastwall - Following Delta's and Sputnik's footsteps

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 22. Januar 2008 um 15:15.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Zürich
Tour Datum:19 Januar 2008
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Zürcher Oberland   CH-ZH 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Wetzikon
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Hittnau

Some friends recently moved to Hittnau and I was invited to their new home last Saturday. I had no idea where the heck Hittnau was, but have been told it's in the Zürioberland. Since I'm not familiar with this part of Switzerland, but knew there is a "Zürioberland Alpin" community on this site, I looked for some adventurous approches for Hittnau and found what I was looking for: The "Stoffel Eastwall", which Delta (1) and Sputnik (2) describe as well.

I started my hike at the train station cff logo Wetzikon and walked towards Kempten and at Müli up to Burgweid and via Rosinli to Ebnerberg. From there I followed the marked hiking path towards Stoffel. At Känzeli I then didn’t walk up to Stoffel on the normal route but took the path down towards Neuthal in order to enter the “east wall” of Stoffel. It’s a short and pretty wild adventure, but I wouldn’t rate it higher than a T4, even though it was quite slippery. As mentioned in the other hikr reports the steepest part is about 60° and the enjoyment is arguable. However, for me this approach to Hittnau was a pleasure anyway.

From Stoffel I then went down to the Golfhaus and continued to the Luppmen pond and over to the Zimberg which offers quite a good view.

Wetzikon – Kempten – Burgweid - Rosinli – Ebnerberg – Pulten – Zisetriet – Känzeli – Stoffel “East Wall” – Stoffel – Golfhaus – Luppmen – Hittnau

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4
10 Dez 06
Stoffel 928,0m · Sputnik
S
19 Mär 06
Stoffel im Winter · Delta
T2
31 Dez 21
Am 31.12. auf 3112 ft plus Zugabe · stkatenoqu
T1
17 Feb 13
Stoffel 928m · munrobagga
T1
14 Apr 12
Stoffel 928 M.ü.M · ossi
T2
29 Dez 12
Dort wo die Sonne scheint ;-) · Lightning

Kommentare (2)

Kommentar hinzufügen

Delta Pro hat gesagt: To Delta's hometown...
Gesendet am 23. Januar 2008 um 07:33
Amazed to see that my hometown is liked by the hikr-community ;-)
Congratulations for climbing the famous Stoffel eastwall! As I can judge from your pics you probably missed the steepest (and most funny?) parts of the wall. I guess you climbed up where you would go when skiing the wall. A bit more to the left there are some almost vertical steps.
Delta

360 Pro hat gesagt: RE:To Delta's hometown...
Gesendet am 24. Januar 2008 um 07:08
The local is right, I was on the right side in the wall... looks like I have to go back to your hometown/mountain in order to get the "real fun"!

Kommentar hinzufügen»