Another southern access to the Churfirsten ridge: From Weesen to Nägeliberg via Gocht

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 18. Oktober 2007 um 16:03.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:14 Oktober 2007
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5 - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: II (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-SG   Churfirsten 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Weesen (See) actually it's the stop Fli
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Arvenbüel, Arven

After an unplanned discovery of a southern access to the Churfirsten a few days ago, I decided to explore a well-known marked route this time. Since I’ve never been up the Gocht and wanted to enjoy the mild warm and sunny fall day in the mountains on a not too crowded peak, I decided to visit my favorite “extended/new Churfirst”: Nägeliberg.

Starting in Weesen (actually bus stop Fli) I followed the path along the lake towards Quinten. Instead of turning right and going downhill at the highest point on the path to Quinten, I kept walking uphill towards Laubegg and further towards Säls/Schrina. Before you reach Sälser Hütte, a blue/white sign-post will show the way up Gocht. The blue/white trail markers along the path are all bright and clear and you can’t miss them.

Up on the Gocht I headed towards Nägeliberg, first more or less along the ridge, then crossing over to the obvious northwest groove. Via a pretty easy grass band (T4) you get back to the ridge and then you bypass the last difficult patch south on ossi’s favorite rough pasture to end up at the summit cross. Once again I enjoyed the fabulous view and the reflections of the sun in the lake. Together with boats it makes it a spectacular freak of nature, truly worth sitting there and just watching for an hour or more!

For the way back to Gocht I chose the same way I came up and since I was in the area I visited Vorder Leistchamm again. There are actually many possibilities going up there directly from Gocht and they are all relatively easy T5isch, II, the easiest I found so far is probably not even a T5. I also checked out Glatt-/Hikrchamm and inspected the newly installed rope. It does make the crux easier now, I’m not sure you could consider it a T6; anyhow it is definitely less dangerous now (at least as long as the metal rod and the rope are in good condition). The only problem I see is that you can’t judge whether or not it is the case until you’re actually past the dangerous section.

For my way to Arvenbüel I chose the old path (before the Toggenburger Höhenweg was built) below Mittler Leistchamm via Schafberg and P1911 (some markings are still present), and finally followed the Toggenburger Höhenweg (together with “hundreds” of hikers…) to Arvenbüel.

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»