Punta Salarioli: from Crampiolo to Heiligkreuz via Ritterpass

Publiziert von Arbutus , 31. August 2011 um 22:18.

Region: Welt » Italien » Piemont
Tour Datum:21 August 2011
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-VS   I 
Zeitbedarf: 12 Tage
Aufstieg: 1900 m
Abstieg: 2200 m
Strecke:Crampiolo - Alpe Devero - Passo Valtendra - Punta Salarioli - Ritterpass - Heiligkreuz
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Walked from Varzo (Train from Domodossola). Alternatively, use the shuttle bus from Baceno (Valle Antigorio)
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Ride to Lax, MGB train from there. Alternatively, walk to the bus on the Binn-Ernen road.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:La Baita in Crampiolo.

Gorgeous peak at the heart of the Alpe Veglia Park in Northeastern Piedmont.

The peak is T3+; the Swiss side of Ritterpass is the reason for the T4 rating.

Down to Alpe Devero (T1), up and over Scatta di Orogna (T2), over to Passo di Valtendra (T3). Right past the pass, off to the left and over to the base of the mountain (T3). No trail, but it's the 2nd mountain past the pass, next to the slightly higher Cima di Valtendra. From the base below the saddle between Punta Valtendra and Punta Salarioli, just wind your way up the scree all the way to the summit (T3+, watch for loose rocks). Down the same way and back to the official trail. Continue down towards Alpe Veglia, follow the signage to Passo di Boccareccio (Italian name for Ritterpass), and climb all the way to the Swiss-Italian border (T3+, steeper than a cow's face, steel cables at the top). Long downhill to Heiligkreuz with three distinct stages: 1. long stretch on loose boulders, first fairly flat, then down a very steep gully (T4, significant rockfall danger), and finally along the valley edge (T3+); 2. flat valley walk to an artificial lake (T1); 3. fairly steep but manageable downhill through the forest (T3).

No bus service into Heiligkreuz. Closest bus on the Binn-Ernen road, almost 3km away. (I was lucky enough to hitch a ride all the way to Lax!)

Farragut: Lax is a town in Wallis; no, I did not get a ride to the Los Angeles airport.

Tourengänger: Arbutus

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (2)

Kommentar hinzufügen

cicindela hat gesagt: Ritterpass
Gesendet am 31. August 2011 um 22:44
When I was here two years ago (end of july), both most of the "loose boulders" and the "steep gully" were covered with snow, which I thought to be permanent. Wasn't there any snow when you passed?

Arbutus hat gesagt: RE:Ritterpass
Gesendet am 1. September 2011 um 09:15
There was no snow at all when I was there, but it had been insanely hot for a couple of weeks already. Moreover, it didn't snow much last winter. The winter of '08-'09 was a different story, and it never got too hot in the summer of '09, so I'm not surprised you found snow in the places I described. I bet the terrain must have been extremely challenging in the presence of snow. Well...it was nasty enough for me without any snow!

Kommentar hinzufügen»