Kurzbericht 

Chüebodenhorn

Publiziert von matbor , 17. Mai 2011 um 07:37.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Tessin » Bellinzonese
Tour Datum:29 Juni 2010
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-TI   CH-VS   Gruppo Pizzo Rotondo 
Zeitbedarf: 6:00
Aufstieg: 1400 m
Abstieg: 1400 m
Strecke:All'Acqua (1614m) - Piansecco - Rifugio Cassina Baggio - Chüebodenhorn (3070m) - Rifuio Cassina Baggio - Piansecco - All'Acqua
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Bus from Airolo to All'Acqua
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Bus from Airolo to All'Acqua
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Piansecco hut SAC

The weather forecasts were just fantastic for that day, so I decided to take holidays to go hiking. It was time to do the first 3000 summit of the season, so I chose to travel to Val Bedretto to reach the top of the Chüebodenhorn, which is quite famous because of the glacier lake usually full of icebergs.
I started my tour in All'Acqua following the path to the Piansecco hut, from there there was still a signed path going up to the Rifugio Cassina Baggio. After that emergency hut there was no official signed trail anymore. so I continued almost straight on the glacier moraine, which was stil partially covered with snow and extremely friable. Close to the Gerenpass, where the real glacier starts, to avoid the ice I continued completely on my right side walking below the south-west edge of the Chüebodenhorn. This was actually the most difficult and somehow dangerous part, since because of the extreme friability even big stones were easily falling down. Soon I could admire the wonderful glacier lake with its characteristic water color.
From the lake the Chüebodenhorn can be climbed from its west edge.
 To go back I chose exactly the same way, profiting from the snowfields between Gerenpass and Rifugio Cassina Baggio to accelerate considerably my descent. 

The difficulty of this trail is clearly T4 and there are also some easy climbing passages (I). Because of the thawing of the ice on the glacier the terrain on the moraine especially in the region of the Gerenpass is extremely friable and therefore dangerous. The climbing passages have to be carefully evaluated since also big stones can easily fall down.

The view of the lake is just amazing and also the 360° panorama from the top is spectacular.

Tourengänger: matbor

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

T4 L I
T5- L
6 Sep 20
Chüebodenhorn · lukspikxs
T4 I
24 Jun 23
Chüebodenhorn 3070 m · basodino
T4+ L
5 Jun 23
Chüebodenhorn 3070m · SaniMujka
WS
T4- L I
14 Aug 19
Chüebodenhorn 3070 m · paolo aaeabe
T4 L
23 Sep 18
Chüebodenhorn ( il nostro Ciuboden ) 3070 mt. · brown (Girovagando)
T4 L
2 Aug 13
Chüebodenhorn 3070 m · pelle9360