Piz Piot

Publiziert von brunoz , 14. Oktober 2009 um 14:23.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Avers
Tour Datum: 4 Oktober 2009
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 8:15
Aufstieg: 927 m
Abstieg: 927 m
Strecke:Juf, Juferjoch, Piz Piot.
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Along the Swiss motorway 13 (E43) from Bellinzona to Chur, you need to go out at the "Avers" exit. The following steps are unmistakable, you will reach Juf after some 25km from the motorway exit.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Juf
Kartennummer:CNS 1:25.000 nr. 1276 "Val Bregaglia"

The "normal" route to Piz Piot (definitely the easiest, as far as I learn) kicks off from the lovely little village of Juf, 2.126m, where parking allowance is generally sufficient to host a good number of vehicles. There are excellent bus connections to Juf though.
The itinerary is self-evident: all you have to do is go along the very comfortable path up the Avers valley, direction south-east, keeping the Averser-Rhein on your right. A sign warns to keep dogs by the leish, it's a protected area for marmots; actually you can frequently hear their alarm-whistles; I therefore kept Toto with me for a little while and then let him go, knowing for good he's a nice guy. Piz Turba is well visible at the very end of the valley. Soon you will meet the deviation to Forcellina and Septimerpass, to be ignored. Now the path becomes uncertain until it disappears, but orientation is not a problem as Piz Piot starts appearing, the south-eastern peak, first of all. An apparently problematic rocky barrier seems to discourage prosecution, but it can be easily avoided by turning around it on the right flank (while descending I went down the left flank, also an option, but definitely rougher). You then get on a sort of plateau enclosed within the Piz Piot two peaks and connecting ridge; the far end of the plateau is practically always shaded and hosts a small glacier. You don't need to get to the glacier as the route (no path, I repeat) goes up the evident saddle of the Juferjoch; it's a steep going on rubble, but there are a few marks making things easier. View from the Juferjoch is wonderful. You can immediately identify the route to Piz Piot, on your right, along a desolated large ridge where, again, some marks help you; signs of track appear every now and then, but the route to follow is very intuitive. Closer to the summit the ridge gets a little sharper, but there is no danger at all and after maybe 45 minutes from Juferjoch you reach the south-east summit of Piz Piot, 3.053m. The long ridge to the north-west summit (3.037m) is very attractive and would suggest to go there and subsequently get to the Piotjoch and down to the described plateau. Not today. The view is a magnificent reward to the hike: a very large portion of the Alps is in front of you. I could recognise (clockwise) Piz Duan, Monte Rosa, Taschhorn, Dom, Gletscherhorn, Piz Gallagiun, Pizzo Stella, Pizzo Tambò, Pizzo d'Emet, Schwarzhorner, Piz Platta, Piz Surparè, Piz Turba (wonderful ridge to it's summit from Juferjoch), Piz Julier, Piz Bernina, Piz Roseg, Piz Tremoggia, Sassa di Fora, Piz La Margna, Monte Disgrazia... and a practically infinite number of peaks I was unable to name. I went back along the same way I ascended, but care has to be given getting down from the Juferjoch, it's quite slippery.
Total timing was just a little more than 8 hours, including a 45-minutes stop/rest on the summit.
I would highly recommend this hike for the unbelievable views it offers.

Tourengänger: brunoz

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

L
4 Feb 11
Piz Piot · stellino
WS+
16 Jan 11
Piz Piot 3037m · GingerAle
WS+
1 Jan 11
Piz Piot, 3053 m · roko
WS+
1 Mär 09
Piz Piot, 3037 m · roko
WS
1 Dez 06
Piz Piot (3053m) · Omega3
T4
26 Jun 01
Piz Piot (3053 m) · rihu
T4
30 Jul 08
Piz Piot 3053 m · StefanP
T3+ WS
27 Aug 15
Von Juf auf den Piz Piot · dyanarka
T4-

Kommentare (2)

Kommentar hinzufügen

Gelöschter Kommentar

brunoz hat gesagt: RE:wow
Gesendet am 20. Oktober 2009 um 12:04
Hi, Mark !!

Toto is a pro. His longest walk was eleven hours, two years ago from Petit Mont Blanc to Tour Ponton and back (in the Champorcher valley). His energy seems to be unlimited, I'm sure he could do even longer walks !!
Bye.
Bruno.

Kommentar hinzufügen»