Hauerkogel (2491 m) - hike from Längenfeld

Publiziert von Roald , 16. Juli 2019 um 20:46.

Region: Welt » Österreich » Zentrale Ostalpen » Ötztaler Alpen
Tour Datum:16 Juli 2019
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: A 
Zeitbedarf: 5:30
Aufstieg: 1300 m
Abstieg: 1300 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (10 km)
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Aqua Dome
Kartennummer:http://www.austrianmap.at/amap/index.php?SKN=1&XPX=637&YPX=492

Hauerkogel (2491 m) is a mountain peak just west of Längenfeld in Ötztal. From the valley the mountain looks more difficult than a T3 hike, but there is a red-white-red marked trail all the way to the summit.

Start of the hike at 9 AM. In the lower part, the trail partially follows a forest road, but there are some possible shortcuts. These may not be marked, but are quite obvious - just follow the paths. Between elevation 1800 and 1900 m there are a few steep spots were the trail is secured with steel cables, and iron steps have been mounted in the bedrock. Overall, because of these slightly more difficult spots I chose to rate the hike T3+ instead of just T3.

Further up it becomes easier and there is soon the view to Hauerkogel, which looks impossible to climb from most angles. However, the trail makes it's way up through the couloir which ends just south of Hauerkogel. The ascent is steep, but does not pose any problems. However, it is more difficult to go downhill because of the loose sand/dirt. Difficulty T3. The last part of the ascent is less steep and only takes 5 min from the "pass". After 2 h 20 min with a good pace I reached the summit.

Despite some wind on the way up, there was actually no wind at all at the summit. According to the new summit book from this year, every other day someone has been going up there for the last 4 weeks. But today I was alone, despite the great weather. The summit book was named "Daumen", which seems to indicate that locals use that name. Perhaps the mountain range including Hauerkogel looks like a hand, and Hauerkogel would then be the thumb.

For the descent I followed the same route. At elevation 1800 m or so I met a couple with two dogs, but I don't know if they were heading for Hauerkogel.

Remarks:
- Please see attached GPS track fro more details on the route.
- The total time given for this hike includes a total of approx. 45 min breaks.
- Equipment: hiking sticks.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»