Falotta (2502 m) - backcountry ski tour from Sur

Publiziert von Roald , 16. März 2019 um 17:37.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum:16 März 2019
Ski Schwierigkeit: L
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 4:15
Aufstieg: 900 m
Abstieg: 900 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Sur. Parking at the church (free of charge).
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Bela Riva, Savognin.

Start of the ski tour at 9:30 AM in Sur. I mostly followed the snow covered (and freshly groomed) forest road up to the summer parking lot at elevation 1900 m. Next, I traversed across the rather flat area to Tgalucas, and started the ascent in direction Falotta. There was already a track, which looked like it was originally from yesterday. I wonder who went yesterday in the bad weather... But today the weather was perfect! It was almost too bright, even with dark sun glasses.

At the summit I enjoyed my lunch and took a 45 min break (included in the total tour time given). There was barely any wind. Surprisingly, there were no other visitors on Falotta today. During my lunch break, I saw two skiers who may have been on Castalegns, but I could not tell for sure.

Skiing down was a bit tricky, because the snow had a bit of a crust, and it was quite hard work. From Alp Flix I mostly followed the forest road down to Sur. At the end the snow was very wet and heavy when I skied next to the road. But all in all a great day in the mountains!

Remarks:
1. Please see the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
2. If you plan a similar tour, please be aware that in the area just south of Falotta (P.2423, P.2455, and P.2502) there is a designated wildlife area which should be avoided in the winter.
3. The avalanche risk was 3-considerable. Normally I don't go on a ski tour when the avalanche risk is higher than 2-moderate, but for this tour I don't think there is much risk of an avalanche. The slope of the terrain never exceeds 28 degrees on this route.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Skitouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T5 WS
13 Aug 22
Piz d'Err 3377 m · StefanP
T2
T2