Piz d'Agnel (3204 m) - ski tour from Sur

Publiziert von Roald , 24. März 2019 um 18:23.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum:24 März 2019
Ski Schwierigkeit: ZS
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:30
Aufstieg: 1625 m
Abstieg: 1625 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Sur. Parking at the church (free of charge).
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Bela Riva, Savognin.

Start of this ski tour in Sur at 6:30 AM (after first driving for nearly two hours to get to Sur...). First, I followed the snow covered and groomed forest road up to the summer parking lot at elevation 1900 m. Next, I headed for Tigias, and then up towards Giond' Alva, past P.2541, and up to P.2739. Then on the south side of the ridge or on the ridge itself up towards Piz d'Agnel. Partially the ascent goes through terrain where the slope is 35°. In the Piz d'Agnel west flank, the ascent was difficult cause the snow was quite hard and uneven. Without the ski crampons I would have had no chance of getting up there. It might have been easier and faster to walk on foot with crampons on the ski boots.

At the summit I enjoyed my lunch and took about an hour break (included in the total tour time given). There was barely any wind. I met two snow shoe hikers and four skiers on, or near the summit of Piz d'Agnel. During my lunch break, I saw skiers on top of Tschima da Flix as well.

I started my descent at 1 PM. Skiing down was a bit tricky in the Piz d'Agnel west flank, cause the snow was still quite hard and uneven and did not become soft. But below elevation 2900 m, it was perfect snow which had melted a little bit on top. North of P.2739 there was even powder snow in the north facing slope, still great conditions! Further down towards Alp Flix the snow conditions were great with a little bit of melted snow on top. From Alp Flix I mostly followed the forest road down to Sur. It is still possible to ski almost all the way down to the parking lot.

Remarks:
1. Please see the attached GPS track for more details on the route.
2. The avalanche risk was 1-low for dry snow avalanches, and 2-moderate for wet snow avalanches on east, south, and west facing steeper slopes during the course of the day.
3. I brought an ice axe and crampons (for the boots) with me, but I didn't use this equipment.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Skitouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»