Plattinger (2615 m) & Verdinser Plattenspitze (2680 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 10. Oktober 2018 um 15:38.

Region: Welt » Italien » Trentino-Südtirol
Tour Datum: 9 Oktober 2018
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: I 
Zeitbedarf: 5:30
Aufstieg: 850 m
Abstieg: 850 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (10 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:The aerial cable car Meran 2000 up to elevation 1900 m.
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Same as start point.

Plattinger (2615 m) & Verdinser Plattenspitze (2680 m) are two peaks east of Meran. The area has numerous hiking trails, and is easily accessible with the aerial cable car Meran 2000. The two peaks in my hike are not visited that often though. There is no marked trail going up to Plattinger, and the trail to Verdinser Plattenspitze is marked as a via ferrata. However, it is not really a via ferrata, but rather a T4 hiking trail where exposed sections are safeguarded with steel cables.

For the first hour of the hike I followed the easy trail from Piffinger Köpfl to Missensteiner Joch. The weather was not (yet) that great, with low clouds and fog. From Missensteiner Joch, I headed straight up the grassy SE flank towards the summit of Plattinger. It is fairly steep, but with nice steps. Over a distance of 900 m, the elevation gain is more than 400 m. I would rate the hiking difficulty T3+. During the ascent I came above the fog, and it was a really nice scenery with the mountain tops embedded in patches of fog.

After a short break at the summit of Plattinger, I hiked down to Plattingerscharte. It is very steep, but there are some path traces. I would rate the hiking difficulty T4 for this descent. At Plattingerscharte, I met another hiker who came down from Verdinser Plattenspitze. He confimed my guess that the trail is not too difficult, and that a via ferrata climbing set is not required (at least for someone used to T4 hikes, and in dry conditions). So I decided to go for Verdinser Plattenspitze as well. The trail is safeguarded with steel cables in numerous places, and in a few places I found them very useful. Overall I would rate the hiking difficulty T4 and climbing difficulty I, when using the steel cables in the most difficult and most exposed places.

Unfortunately, the view from Verdinser Plattenspitze was limited, because patches of fog had meanwhile moved in. For the descent, I obviously followed the same way back to Plattingerscharte. From there I headed down the couloir where the marked trail to Verdinser Plattenspitze goes (T3+), and then back to Piffinger Köpfl on the easy trails.

Equipment:
- Hiking sticks
- Via ferrata climbing set (not used)

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 42235.gpx Plattinger (2615 m) & Verdinser Plattenspitze (2680 m)

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T6 II
18 Jul 20
Lange Hochgebirgstour auf Berge über dem Sagbachtal und zu... · Heidelberger Gipfelsammler Ötzi II
T4 II K2+
25 Okt 93
Auf die beiden Ifinger! · Nik Brückner
WS-
30 Jan 20
Skitour von Falzeben auf Essenberg-Spitz, Windspitz, Großen... · Heidelberger Gipfelsammler Ötzi II
T3
27 Jul 20
Meran 2000 - Kleiner Ifinger · MunggaLoch
T6 III K4-

Kommentar hinzufügen»