Radüner Rothorn (3021 m) - ski tour

Publiziert von Roald , 21. Mai 2018 um 17:32.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum:21 Mai 2018
Ski Schwierigkeit: WS
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 4:00
Aufstieg: 700 m
Abstieg: 700 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (10 km). Unfortunately, the GPS track does not contain the first half of the ascent.
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to the Flüela pass road P. 2336 (parking free of charge along the road).

Late season ski tour to Radüner Rothorn (3021 m). Start at the Flüela pass road at 07:45 in the morning. Most parking spots along the road were already taken when I arrived. I think there were about 25 cars in total near the start of the (summer) hiking trail to Schwarzhorn. Some skiers were already coming back down as I started my ascent. But it was not bad to be a bit later this morning. The whole area was partially covered with patches of fog, and the fog and low clouds only disappeared completely as I approached the summit of Radüner Rothorn two hours later.

For the last 100 m elevation gain, i.e. in the steepest part of the ascent, I used the ski crampons. However, the snow was mostly soft, so it was not really necessary. But it provided an extra feeling of safety.

When I reached the summit, there were about 6-8 skiers up there. The view from the summit was great, because the clouds had meanwhile disappeared!

Generally I skied back the same way as I ascended. Shortly before the Flüela pass road I took a lunch break. There was a lot of traffic on the pass road, in particular there were many motorcycles on the road.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»