Pischahorn (2980 m) - ski tour

Publiziert von Roald , 14. April 2018 um 20:54.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum:14 April 2018
Ski Schwierigkeit: WS
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Flüela-Gruppe   CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 6:00
Aufstieg: 1400 m
Abstieg: 1400 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to the Pischa aerial cable car valley station (parking free of charge).
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Bünda, Davos
Kartennummer:https://map.wanderland.ch

Pischahorn (2980 m) is a mountain peak very close to Davos, and easily accessible from the Flüela valley.

I started my ski tour shortly after 8 AM in the morning at the parking lot for the Pischa aerial cable car. First, I followed the forest road up to the mountain restaurant Mäderbeiz, and then I continued up towards the Pischa mountain station. Next, I followed the tracks of others up to elevation 2593 m, where a short descent of about 40 m is necessary. There was a lot of loose powdery snow in the descent to Verborgen Pischa. I just skied down without removing the skins from the skis - too short a descent for that.

On my route, the steepest part of the ascent was between elevation 2800 and 2900 m. I mounted the ski crampons just before that steep area, and kept them on for the rest of the ascent up to the summit. It would not have been possible to make it without the ski crampons, cause partially it was very hard snow and even a bit icy.

At the summit, it was a bit windy, but just a few meters below the summit on the NE side, it was protected from the wind. So, I could enjoy my lunch there.

I skied down through Mattjisch Tälli. It was a bit hard and icy just below the summit, and further down there was some powder with a crust on. But, even further down it was nicer to ski, especially on the right hand side towards Mittelgrat where the snow had become softer on top while the layer below was really hard.

At elevation 2400 m, just at the lower end of Mittelgrat, I traversed to the right. Next, I ascended towards P.2593 for the second time of the day.

Finally I skied back down to the Pischa valley station pretty much the same way I had come up in the morning. The snow condtions were quite good, even if it was already between 1 and 2 PM.

Remarks:
- Avalanche risk (according to SLF): Dry avalanches: 2 - moderate, wet avalanches during the day: 3 - considerable.
- At the start of the tour the temperature was -1°C, and at the end it was +11°C.
- I refer to the enclosed GPS track for more detais on the route.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»