Rochers du Bouc (3314m) - Pointe des Chamois (3383m) - Pointe du Crêt (3323m)

Publiziert von KlaasP , 14. September 2016 um 13:46.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Wallis » Unterwallis
Tour Datum:10 September 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4+ - Alpinwandern
Hochtouren Schwierigkeit: L
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-VS 
Zeitbedarf: 9:00

Final day of the mountaineering course! We started walking at 6:00 at refuge La Barma, in the direction of Rochers du Bouc. After ascending some grass slopes, we found the alpine path that leads to the summit (3314m). This part was relatively easy (T4+). Next, we descended about 80 meters, over steep rocks, using the fixed chains. Within sight of refuge des Pantalons Blancs, we prepared the necessary gear to cross the glacier. In 30 minutes, we reached our highest point of the day: Pointe des Chamois (3384m). Weather conditions were excellent, and we enjoyed the view; Mont Blanc, Grand Combin, Pigne d'Arolla, Matterhorn, Weisshorn...

We then descended about 100 meters via the glacier and continued on the rocks, towards Pointe du Crêt, which we reached in about 25 minutes. The next part, the descent via the NW-ridge, was the most difficult one, although still 'facile' according to the topo. It was exposed at times, and had certain bits with a lot of loose rocks. There was never a really steep part however, so i still agree with the 'facile' quoting. It took us a little more than one hour, but for those of you who have more experience, it will probably be around 30-45 minutes. 

We got on the glacier at Col P.3184. There were some crevasses, but nothing really special. The first, snowy part was somewhat steeper. The last part over the ice was almost flat. We then followed the river back to La Barma, where we had some well deserved rest. The last hour of hiking, to Barrage des Dix and le Chargeur (where the car was parked), was the most tiring one.  

That evening, we ate at Restaurant Vieux Mazot in Evolène. I can definitely recommend the 'steack de Val d'Hérens with rösti'. After this we ended up have fun at the bal traditionnel évolenard, a nice ending of this fantastic week, for which I would like to thank the other participants (Dries, Jola, Matthias, Nathan, Xavier) and our guide (Helmuth)!

Tourengänger: KlaasP

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»