Parpaner Rothorn

Publiziert von olethros , 7. August 2016 um 22:06.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Lenzerheide
Tour Datum: 7 August 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 5:00
Aufstieg: 1350 m
Abstieg: 1450 m

Parpaner Rothorn (2899m)
Start: Parpan Obertor (1515m)
Peak: Parpaner Rothorn East Peak (2899m)
End: Lai (1473m)
Route: https://goo.gl/RhUakV
Full photos: https://goo.gl/photos/KtoKk2RJiQKwf6VE9

I've been looking for a higher altitude hike around Zurich for a while, and one that seemed relatively convenient was Parpaner Rothorn. Parpan Obertor is around two hours through Chur, so a start about 7am means you are at the trailhead by 9:30.

The winter lifts are not working, so I took the steepsest route to the ridge (2693m). However there is a lift further south taking one directly from Lai to either the midpoint or Parpaner Rothorn proper. The route on the west flank is ideal for a summmer morning as there's quite a bit of shade. Most of the way is quite easy, if steep.

It only becomes slightly more delicate around 100m before the ridge. There the way is a bit more slippery and the ground looser, and snow starts appearing on the ground. In fact, once I went over the ridge I realised there was some recent snowfall.

The restaurant was only another 30 minutes away. I thought I was doing good time, reaching it in 2:20 instead of the projected 4:30, but I was passed by a breezily moving older man and his dog.

To be sure, dogs and kids were aplenty on this day. The restaurant also included a rooftop with sunbeds, which I used to have lunch. Then I took a 10 minute walk to the top of the east peak. I was originally planning to go a bit further to Aroser Rothorn, and then climb down to Arosa over the ridge, but there was a bit too much snow.

So, I decided to go back down to Lai via the 'Panoramic' route, instead of going down the valley to Arosa (which would be longer, but would have less of a descent). That was a good choice, as Lai is a beautiful little village, and the route has many varied sights. 

But I guess, at the end of the day, what really makes a good hike is a great Zuricher Rosti.

Tourengänger: olethros

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»