360 Views: Monts Teilleirs 2951m

Publiziert von MicheleK , 10. Mai 2014 um 16:59.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Wallis » Unterwallis
Tour Datum: 8 Mai 2014
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT4 - Schneeschuhtour
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-VS 
Zeitbedarf: 5:30
Aufstieg: 1050 m
Abstieg: 1050 m
Strecke:Bourg St Bernard - p.1978 - La Pierre - Combe de Drone - p.2304 - Grand Le - Monts Telliers 2951m - same way down
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:From Martigny towards Gd St Bernard tunnel
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:same
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:mysleepingbag at the (car) Park Hotel Bourg St Bernard.

Looking for something to do in the Gd. St. Bernard area I found this outing thanks to a report of Carpe Diem, who tragically passed away in an avalanche in 2013.

Trovandomi nei paraggi cercavo una meta in zona del Gd. St Bernard. Cosi trovai il rapporto di Carpe Diem, ben conosciuta qui su hikr e putroppo deceduta in una slavina l' anno scorso.

The plan was to start early. I have no skis but only my MSRs this time. I arrived at Bourg-St. Bernard at 12:30am and made myself comfortable in the car. Wake up call at 6am and start at 6;30am after an improvised DarVida & smoothie breakfast; two skialpers are also going the same way in front of me but I will soon overtake them. Quite a few others are creeping out of campers and obviously going up Mt Velan. 

I follow briefly the pass road and traverse the river at the 1st bridge following the summer trail to La Pierre. On the S exposed left orographic side little snow until 2200m; while portage of MSRs is ok for me in my hiking boots, skialpers currently should follow the road for another 10 mins and then get on the skis right from the start and going up the right side of Combe de Drone. Progression on snowshoes from 2200m now in the sun inside the Combe de Drone. At 2300m the route takes a right turn and going up steeply to the flank of the Combe via an evident shoulder left of p. 2559m. Quickly I am on the wide open plateau between Grand Le and Petit Le lakes and only now the objective becomes visible in front of me. I walk straight towards the summit face between the 2 lakes; tracking is clearly easier with skis, with snowshoes I sink in 20cm while the lonely turbo-skialper who overtakes me goes in only max. 10cm. Instead of attacking the summit from Gouille de la Le, I chose to track my way up from SE slightly to the right. The summit face is quite steep and gets steeper (max 40 degrees) below the summit. Thanks to good snow conditions tracking with snowshoes was no problem. Snowshoe depot right below the summit.

Walked the short (20m) a bit exposed summit arete to the summit. The view is majestic: Grand Combin, Mont Velan on one side, Mont Dolent, Grandes Jorasses, Mont Blanc, Grand Goliath and many more. After a short stay I go back and prepare the descent.

The snow in the steep face is still good and so going down is no problem. The walk out over the plateau and the inside the Combe de Drone now is very hot and the snow now clearly slushy. I cross several groups going up the same mountain, but who clearly started late. On the way down I stay on the right of the Combe (NW expo) so I can keep snowshoes on until the pass road.

Gran bel giro su di una vetta alquanto panoramica. Il Monts Telliers offre un' ottima visuale sui giganti circostanti, nonche una salita facile. Vale la pena partire presto, vista l expo SE, per poter scendere in condizioni accettabili. 

Start: 06:30am
Summit: 09:45am
Descent start: 10:00am
Car park: 12:00pm
Expo: SE

Significant spontaneous avalanche activity in N and NW expo.
Tour on my own.

Tourengänger: MicheleK

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (3)

Kommentar hinzufügen

bigblue hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 10. Mai 2014 um 22:19
Ciao Michele.

A Room with a View? nuooo.....A Room with 360° View...... Ivory, potrebbe fare una versione intothemountain :())), amo quel film.
Ieri, eri proprio in un bel posto.
Sono zone con percorsi sempre di alto livello, impegnativi.....ho visto la bella foto al Velan, per ora conosco Annibal e Centrale.....mi piacerebbe tornare....chissà.
Le tue dida (didascalie) sono sempre al top.....quella dell' ultima foto, perfetta!!!
Vedo con piacere, non hai ancora finito di "lustrarti" gli occhi, così me li lustro un po' anch' io.....
Un saluto dal lago
Pia

MicheleK hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 14. Mai 2014 um 01:22
Ciao Pia,
mi hai letto nella mente - quel titolo mi girava per la testa quando scrissi il rapporto! la differenza con Ivory (o forse non?) e' che la stanza e' dentro di noi. In effetti, finche' saranno aperti, non smettero' mai di lustrarmi gli occhi rimanendo stupefatto ogni giorno di cio che mi circonda. Per esempio, non oso pensare a cosa debba passare quel fiore/i?

Un saluto dal North Europe,
Michele

bigblue hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 16. Mai 2014 um 19:37
Ciao Michele,
certo che vedere Daniel Day-Lewis (grande attore) in versione "Cecilio", zompettare sulla neve, la vedo dura :()))......

Guardando la foto di quel fiore, mi ha ricordato immediatamente una madrepora con i polipi pronti a catturare qualcosa da mettere sotto i denti :()))........la mia fantasia è sempre accesa e condizionata dal terzo continente.......ahiahiiii.....

....rinnovo i saluti.....
Pia

Kommentar hinzufügen»