Hike & snowshoe hike to Tällihorn (2683 m)

Publiziert von Roald , 8. April 2017 um 21:07.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Davos
Tour Datum: 8 April 2017
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT4 - Schneeschuhtour
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 7:00
Aufstieg: 1150 m
Abstieg: 1150 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Sertig Sand (parking fee 1 Fr. per hour, max 10 hours)

Start of the hike at 8:00 o'clock in the morning in Sertig. There were quite a few backcountry skiers getting ready at the same time, but I seemed to be the only snowshoe hiker.

In Sertig it was around -2°C when I started, and the snow was hard frozen. Therefore I could easily walk on the snow just with my hiking boots, and the snowshoes remained attached to my backpack. Up through the forest I followed the hiking trail which goes towards Jakobshorn. Above the forest line, I headed straight for the Tällihorn west ridge. When it became steeper, the ridge was largely free of snow, and I reached the summit without ever using the snowshoes (hiking grade T3). If there was snow cover, this would be quite a demanding snowshoe hike, as the slope is close to 35° at the steepest.

From the summit of Tällihorn, the view was magnificent with hardly any clouds to be seen. There was also no wind at all!

At the summit of Tällihorn I finally mounted my snowshoes. During my descent on the east side of Tällihorn, I met two groups of skiers on their way to the summit.

Since I realized that Felahorn and Wuosthorn would not be suitable peaks for my snowshoe hike, I had some spare time. Therefore I climbed the ridge between Börterhorn and Wuosthorn at a place where old tracks showed that both skiers and snowshoe hikers had gone before. However, the slope is somewhere around 33° steep for about 50-60m. Ascending with the snowshoes was quite OK, but for the descent in the steepest section I chose to walk backwards and use my ice axe for safety. The snow was quite hard there.

After my lunch break, I headed for the pass called Tällifurgga, and then back down towards Sertig. Unfortunately, during the descent I went a bit too far north, and missed the hiking trail. So I had to ascend again about 50-60 m to get back on track.

Remark: The snowshoe hiking difficulty was WT3, except for my my detour to the ridge between Börterhorn and Wuosthorn which is the reason I have rated the tour WT4.

Equipment:
- Alpine snowshoes
- Hiking sticks
- Gaiters
- Ice axe

Total tour distance: 11.5 km
Please attached GPS track for more details.

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Schneeschuhtouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»