Piz Curvér (2972 m) from Sars

Publiziert von Roald , 10. Juli 2016 um 16:42.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum: 9 Juli 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 8:15
Aufstieg: 1250 m
Abstieg: 1250 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car from Salouf to the Sars parking lot at elevation 1800 m. You need to get a parking ticket (5 SFr. for one day) at the start of the road, about 3 km before the actual parking lot.
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Same as start point.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Alpina in Salouf.

My first hike to Piz Curvér. The weather forecast had predicted sunny conditions, but in the morning it was all overcast with patches of fog. In the afternoon it was a mix of sun and clouds.

I started this hike at the Sars parking lot at elevation 1800 m, and followed the marked hiking trail in direction Ziteil. After reaching Ziteil, I followed another marked trail in southerly direction for about 600 m. At that point small cairns show the way up towards Piz Curvér, and that unmarked trail is generally visible all the way up to the ridge at 2800 m. Some sections are quite steep and it's all scree.

Shortly after reaching the ridge at 2800 m, I was surprised to see a red deer (german: Rothirsch) making it's way up to and across the ridge about 150 m further north. Definitely a red deer capable of T4 hikes!

Difficulties:
Sars parking lot - Ziteil: T2
Ziteil - direction south on the marked trail for 600 m: T2
Ascent from elevation 2500 m up to the ridge at 2800 m on the unmarked trail: T3
Ridge at 2800 m - summit of Piz Curvér: T3 when following the trail
I followed the ridge more closely (but not always), and the max difficulty was T4
Descent from Piz Curvér to the ridge at 2800 m, and over to the northern peak (2859 m): T3
Descent from northern peak (2859 m) to elevation 2750 m: T4
Descent from elevation 2750 m down to 2500 m on the unmarked trail: T3
From there to Sars parking lot via Som Igls Mellens: T2

Equipment: hiking sticks

Remark: See also attached GPS track.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»