Sihlsee and Sattelstöckli - walking on thick ice

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 18. Januar 2009 um 15:21.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Schwyz
Tour Datum:14 Januar 2009
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Alptaler Berge   CH-SZ   Etzel-Aubrig-Kette 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Einsiedeln
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Einsiedeln

In the winter the Sihlsee is often frozen and it’s safe to walk on it, even though one should be a little careful anyway, because there are some holes... I did a little hike from one end of the lake to the other, climbed a little hill called Sattelstöckli near Euthal and walked back to Einsiedeln.

I started my hike at the train station in Einsiedeln and walked along the marked path to the dam. From there I walked all on the ice to the other end of the lake to Euthal. I then decided to walk up the more or less snow free south side of Sattelstöckli, up to the peak (more or less in a straight line - pathless). Due to some trees, the top of Sattelstöckli doesn't really allow the view down to the lake but the foresummit south-west of it does.

I ate lunch there, took a little nap in the sun and then walked back down to Stöfeli on lake via Rämshalden and Hinterstein (the last part pathless again). Finally I walked back to Einsiedeln across the lake to Stolleren and via Vogelherd and Kloster back to the train station.

cff logo Einsiedeln - Hermanneren - Stolleren - Gross - Euthal - Sunnenhalden - Sattelstöckli - Rämshalden - Hinterstein - Stöfeli - Stolleren - Vogelherd - cff logo Einsiedeln

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T2
5 Aug 12
Sattelchöpfli (1316m) · Bergamotte
T3
24 Mai 08
Chli Aubrig 1642m · Bergmuzz