Pizzo Leone – from Corcapolo in the Centovalli to Ascona

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 7. Dezember 2007 um 15:10.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Tessin » Locarnese
Tour Datum: 5 Dezember 2007
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-TI   Gruppo Gridone 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Corcapolo
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Ascona, Posta

What to do if the avalanche risk in the Alps is rather high and the weather forecast not very promising for northern Switzerland: a trip to the Ticino of course. Since there is some snow in the Ticino above about 1500m as well, I chose a goal which wasn’t too high up. Pizzo Leone, it is very popular in the summer, but I not very crowded at this time of the year.

I started in Corcapolo in the Centovalli. Since the FART stop is on the "wrong side” of the valley I had to go down to the bridge which crosses the river Melezza. Then I took the path towards Rasa. Instead of going all the way to Rasa I took a shortcut. At the huts of Bosind, going up in the forest in direction of Monti doesn’t pose any difficulties at all. From Monti I then took the regular marked route up to Pizzo Leone. At around 1300m the ground was covered with snow, but neither gaiters nor snowshoes were needed.

After enjoying the warm sun on the summit of Pizzo Leone for quite a while, I walked more or less all along the ridge between Centovalli and Lago Maggiore to Ascona. Until Alpe di Naccio there was some snow on the ground, but from there it was snow free. The path is mostly on the southeast side and right at the edge of the forest. It give you a marvelous view of the Lago Maggiore, Ascon/Locarno and of course numerous mountains in the vicinity.

PS: Not very many people seem to know about it, but with cff logo _Click and Rail one can get a ticket for example from Zürich to Locarno for only 14 Fr.

Corcapolo – Bosind – Monti – Termine – P. 1135 – Pizzo Leone – Alpe di Naccio – Casone – Corona dei Pinci – Monte Verità – Ascona

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»