Um Su (2357 m) & Lappi (2466 m) - ski tour from Lumbrein

Publiziert von Roald , 30. Dezember 2019 um 23:02.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Surselva
Tour Datum:30 Dezember 2019
Ski Schwierigkeit: L
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 5:30
Aufstieg: 1350 m
Abstieg: 1350 m
Strecke:See waypoints and GPS track (16 km)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car to Lumbrein. Free parking west of the village in the area called Mulin (past the creek).
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotel Péz Regina in Lumbrein.

Start of this ski tour at 9:30 AM just west of the village Lumbrein. It was shortly before sunrise. At the beginning there was not much snow, which is fine for the ascent, but for skiing down it is not so great. More to that later.

There was of course a well established track all the way to the summit of Um Su. After two hours with a good pace I reached Um Su. Without much delay I continued to Lappi aka Schiarls aka Grenerbarg. Too many names for the same mountain!

At the summit of Lappi I enjoyed my lunch in the bright sunshine. The view to the surrounding mountains was stunning! After half an hour break, I skied down to Alp Nova in mostly powdery snow, put on the skins again, and ascended to Um Su for the second time of the day. Finally, I skied back down to Lumbrein. The upper part was nice, but the last few hundred meters was difficult. There was not enough snow, and I always had to watch out for stones and grass. But all in all it was a great ski tour in Val Lumnezia!

In total I estimate that 15-20 skiers and snow shoe hikers were in the area today.

Avalanche risk (according to SLF): 3 - considerable (mainly above elevation 2400 m).

Tourengänger: Roald
Communities: Skitouren

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

L
L
7 Dez 23
Skitour Um Su und Schiarls · rhenus
L