Brisi – skiing a classic Churfirst

Publiziert von 360 Pro , 21. Dezember 2007 um 11:21.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:19 Dezember 2007
Ski Schwierigkeit: ZS-
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: Churfirsten   CH-SG 
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:cff logo Alt St. Johann, Horb
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:cff logo Alt St. Johann, Post

Due to the lack of snow last winter and a major knee injury, I wasn’t able to go on any ski tour. This winter seems to be blessed with oodles of snow and my knee is doing OK. For my first ski tour in almost two years I chose an old classic: Brisi. It is a little steeper than Selun (the other classic amongst the Churfirsten), but usually less blown off.

I started at the bus stop cff logo Alt St. Johann, Horb. Usually the ski traces start right there and take you up to Selamatt via Hummersboden, Vorder Rossweid and Engi. Then one ascends a little westwards in the direction of the Frümsel valley. At around 1750m one turns southeast to the wooden box, the depot for the rescue sled. The following steep part (about 40º) is short but kind of tricky, one basically follows the summer path for this part. Then you get to the wide and huge slope and it takes you all the way up to the summit.

Today Brisi was blown off as well and the snow was quite difficult to ski. From Selamatt down to Alt St. Johann it was quite powdery and very nice.

Horb – Hummersboden - Vorder Rossweid – Engi – Selamatt – P 1792 – Brisi  -and down more or less the same way.

Tourengänger: 360

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

WT5
8 Feb 14
Brisi · Sherpa
T3
13 Jun 17
Brisi 2279m (ÖV) · leuzi