Climbing Fairfield. Who said it was always raining in the Lake District?

Publiziert von genepi , 5. November 2011 um 22:55.

Region: Welt » United Kindom » Cumbria
Tour Datum: 5 November 2011
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: GB   Wainwright 
Zeitbedarf: 5:00
Aufstieg: 1600 m
Abstieg: 1600 m

Another day off on the http://www.uimla.org/cms/ general assembly. This year, it was decided to have a break and a hike between the two journeys of the General Assembly. So, we went for the Horse Shoe hike of Fairfield.

Start is in Ambleside, which is the town located at the northern end of Windermere Water. At first, we needed to reach Rydal, hiking along the road. Not so funny, but necessary. From Rydal on, the path starts to be steep and gains quickly altitude in order to reach the ridge.

Once on the ridge, the path follows this one, with some ups and downs in order to reach Fairfield. I was amazed by the number of peoples that were up there. I was anticipating that at this season, there would not be so many hikers... I was obviously wrong.

From the summit of Fairfield, we went down passing by Hart Crag and High Pike in order to reach Ambleside. The path is obvious (at least by nice weather) and follows, most of the time, a rock wall. The whole descent is however a bit more boggy than the ascent and one has to watch out for not having the boots full of water.

The whole hiking is absolutely beautiful and worth. One has to be warned, however, that the conditions are changing very fast in these places...

Tourengänger: genepi

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»