Chli Bielenhorn West-Grat

Publiziert von Lone Ranger , 22. Juni 2011 um 08:17.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Uri
Tour Datum:20 Juni 2011
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: IV (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-UR 
Zeitbedarf: 5:00
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Sidelenhutte, Furkapass
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Sidelenhutte, Furkapass
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Sidelenhutte, Furkapass

Maybe the best climb I have done so far: absolutely delightful granite, generous holds, awesome views and ... and... OK, I just ran out of adjectives :-)

We started out from the Sidelen-Hutte after breakfast. It was still cold and slight rain/snow, so we chose to climb with boots and gloves on. The hike to the start of the climb is about 20 mins, not all that nice, but from that point it is sheer joy. It is not very useful to say how many pitches there are, because this is basically a ridge traverse, with lots of natural protection, so you can make a belay station at numerous places. There are bolts all the way till the end. At the harder sections, the bolts are placed very thoughtfully and close by, elsewhere they are far apart giving you the excitement and an alpine flavor without the accompanying risks. There are 2-3 pitches in grade 4a-4b, rest are easy 3's and 2's. I found the aid pitch a bit difficult, barring that the rest was smooth sail.

What gear?
This is one question that I didn't get a clear answer from reading reports here and Summit post. A lot of people recommended 2X50 m and a set of nuts/friends, maybe they were written before the route was bolted. There was one report by Bombo that provided a very clear list of what to carry and what to expect (there were many other excellent reports as well), I used that report and got personal tips from Marc1317, and decided to go for a single rope. The shortest we had was 60m, which was clearly an overkill, 40 m is about ideal. Carry a few slings for natural protection at a few places (optional).

Tourengänger: Lone Ranger

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

6a
T4 IV
WS
29 Dez 10
Chli Bielenhorn 2940 m · skiboy1969
WS
20 Feb 10
Chli Bielenhorn · Solanum
WS
22 Mai 09
Chli Bielenhorn 2940m · adrian
WS
19 Jan 08
Chli Bielenhorn 2940m · Bombo
WS
19 Jan 08
Chli Bielenhorn 2940m · Cyrill
WS
31 Dez 07
Chli Bielenhorn, 2940 m · mrausch
WS
6 Apr 07
Chli Bielenhorn (2940m) · Alpin_Rise

Kommentare (2)

Kommentar hinzufügen

marc1317 hat gesagt: Congrats!
Gesendet am 22. Juni 2011 um 09:11
Once more, congrats! As I said, an amazing route..

No kiddin', our guide climbed the route without any protection - he just used a rope to raise the "Klagemauer" ( Crux ) ;-)

Cheers

marc1317

Lone Ranger hat gesagt: RE:Congrats!
Gesendet am 22. Juni 2011 um 09:53
Thanks!
Agreed, I am a pretty mediocre climber and I too felt most of the pitches can be simul-climbed and possibly even without protection, if wearing rock shoes and in perfect weather. But the crux was a bit too hard for me, i barely managed to pull myself up and quite inelegantly!

Kommentar hinzufügen»