Kurzbericht 

From the Walensee to the Toggenburg via Flügenspitz

Publiziert von matbor , 14. Mai 2011 um 15:04.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » St.Gallen
Tour Datum:12 März 2011
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Schneeshuhtouren Schwierigkeit: WT3 - Anspruchsvolle Schneeschuhwanderung
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-SG   Speer-Mattstock 
Zeitbedarf: 6:00
Aufstieg: 430 m
Abstieg: 870 m
Strecke:Arvenbüel (1273m) - Flügenspitz (1703m) - Chrüz - Häderenberg - Stein (837m)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Bus to Amden-Arvenbuehl
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Bus to Stein (SG)
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Hotels in Amden

This tour from Amden, a nice village with view on the Walensee, to the Toggenburg is one of my favourite snowshoes trails and I hiked it several times, experiencing all possible weather and snow conditions.
As usual I started from Arvenbüel following the snowshoes trail via Egg and Looch. From Looch I continued almost straight up to the Flügenspitz. I continued with a nice up and down via Bärenegg, Saum, Chrüz to the Häderenberg. From there I chose an almost direct way to descend to Stein.

The difficulty is WT3 only in the last metres around the summit of the Flügenspitz, where the danger of avalanches should be carefully evaluated, and on the steep descent between Häderenberg and Stofel, which can actually be avoided by choosing another variant to go down to the Toggenburg. Otherwise the difficulty is WT2. In spring usually the south part is free of snow; in that case the difficulty of the path is T2.

The tour offers a nice view of the Glärnisch on one side and the Säntis on the other.

I performed this tour once alone, once with Eveline and once with Simone. 

Tourengänger: matbor

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden