Marwees

Publiziert von Stijn , 26. November 2016 um 22:25.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Appenzell
Tour Datum:26 November 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-AI   Alpstein 
Zeitbedarf: 6:00
Aufstieg: 1300 m
Abstieg: 1300 m

My second time doing the Marwees ridge. Last time, the clouds prevented me from getting any views from the summit. This time I was rewarded with great summit views, while everything lower down was covered by several layers of low cloud...

----

I pick at different approach route this time, starting in Wasserauen and reaching the Bogartenlücke via Klein Hütten. I have a look at the Bogartenmännli, but the slippery rock takes away my confidence. Not willing to trust the fixed rope too much either, I abandon my climb.

I continue with the Marwees ascent, now on the already familiar route. An ice axe is useful on the remaining bits of snow (surprisingly scarce), but it's the muddy paths that actually require most care. As I reach the ridge, I finally break through the fog as well. The Marwees ridge itself is dry and in good condition; an enjoyable route with a few bits of optional scrambling.

Two other hikers have been keeping roughly the same pace as me. It's not until I read their entry in the summit book of the Marwees east summit, that I realise that they are Ivo66 and Lena. "Great Hikrs think alike" when planning a route, apparently. Unfortunately, they have already left the east summit and I can't catch up with them on the main summit either. After a pathless short cut from the main summit to the Trüest path (no real difficulties, though some careful micro-nav is required in the fog), I run into them again after all and there's a chance for a proper introduction. We tackle the remaining descent together. A gully filled with soft snow on the Trüest path is the last obstacle. Afterwards we follow the Schrennenweg (more patches of snow here, but generally harmless). A gap between two layers of cloud allows us to appreciate the spectacular views on this traversing path, before we are swallowed by the fog again.

See also: Ivo66's report

Tourengänger: Stijn

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T4 II
19 Jun 15
Marwees und Freiheit · pboehi
T4+ II
28 Mai 15