Motta Palousa, Crap la Massa, and P.2687 (above Crap Neir)

Publiziert von Roald , 2. November 2016 um 20:10.

Region: Welt » Schweiz » Graubünden » Oberhalbstein
Tour Datum: 1 November 2016
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T4 - Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: I (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-GR 
Zeitbedarf: 6:30
Aufstieg: 1100 m
Abstieg: 1100 m
Strecke:12 km (see GPS track for details)
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:By car from Cunter up towards Promastgel. There is a parking lot at elevation 1635 m (close to P.1625 on the map), free of charge, and with space for about 15 cars. The road from Cunter up to this parking lot can actually be studied on Google street view!

I thought this might be the last day for a nice autumn mountain hike before the winter comes. Starting point was at the parking lot close to Promastgel at elevation 1635 m, and I followed the marked trail to Motta Palousa (T2). Actually, the trail is an unpaved forest road until elevation 2000 m, and it would be easily possible to use a mountain bike for that section.

Motta Palousa (2144 m) is not much of a mountain peak, but it is a great viewpoint. After a short stop there, I continued past Crap digls Anghels, and started working my way up towards Crap la Massa (2436 m). I traversed below the first rocks, and then I went up a steep grassy couloir (T4). After reaching the top of the ridge there was some easy climbing here and there to finally reach the highest point of Crap la Massa. This waypoint can however be more easily accessed by traversing below the entire rocky area, and walking up to it from the south (T3).

After passing Crap la Massa (2436 m), I followed the ridge up towards P.2687 m. It is very easy until you are almost there (T3). The summit itself can be reached most easily by traversing just slightly below the rock formations (T3), which I did on the return. But on the way to the top, I went over the rocks (T4).

The view from this unnamed peak P.2687 was magnificent, especially towards Piz Mitgel which is only 2 km away. I enjoyed my lunch in the sunshine before it was time to descend again.

Equipment: Hiking sticks.

Remark: The camera was still set to daylight savings time, so all pictures have a time stamp which is one hour off.

Tourengänger: Roald

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T2
26 Mai 23
Motta Palousa (2143 m) · Roald
T2
29 Sep 20
Motta Palousa (2143m) · Marcel und Desiree