Mali i Skenderbeut (Mali i Liqenit)

Publiziert von detlefpalm , 21. Juni 2012 um 22:34.

Region: Welt » Albanien
Tour Datum: 9 Juli 2011
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T2 - Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: AL 
Zeitbedarf: 1:30
Aufstieg: 470 m
Abstieg: 470 m
Strecke:3.5 kilometer one way
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:The drive starts in Kruja town and winds around Kruja moiuntain before reaching Qafe Shtame. The track ends in Burrel, from which it takes about two hours or so to return to Tirana along the main road and highway. Visit the "palmtreeproduction" link for more details.
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Tirana or Burrel

The road across Qafe Shtame used to be the main link between Tirana and Burrel, but the top of the pass and especially the way down to Burrel has now fallen into disrepair. Most people, including visitors have heard about Qafe Shtame because of the mineral water of the same name. The drive across the pass is one of the recommended - moderately difficult - drive for off-raod enthusiasts, as it offers a first glimpse into the Tirana back-country along a varied and interesting track. In addition, the hike from the top of the pass to the top of Skenderbeut mountain is an absolut bonus. It is not difficult and a great opportunity to break the drive across the pass into two portions, for a full day of adventure. In addition,

Skenderbeut mountain "hides" behind the front range of the mounatins around Tirana, but it is higher and offers fantastic views to and across all mountains that one usually sees from the other side. On a clear day the views extend to a long coastline of the Adriatic, and down to Burrel and on to Mali e Dejes and other highlights. The views from Skenderbeut mountain must be rated the most extraordinary of all mounatins around Tirana - browse the images below.  

Skenderbeut mountain is used to describe an entire range, but we have used the name to describe its highest point, Mali i Liqenit - there are two lakes just below the summit, complete with sheep farm. It is also possible to drive up from Qafe Shtame to those lakes and even the summit, and while the road does not seem to be in bad shape for the most part, we think it ismissing the point! For more detail, visit:   http://www.palmtreeproduction.com/Hikes%20and%20Climbs/Albania%20Climbs/Mali%20i%20Skenderbeut/skenderbeut%20gallery.html   

Tourengänger: detlefpalm

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 11440.kml The climb
 11441.kml The drive

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T2 I
18 Jun 23
Eine Art: Expedition in Albanien · Nitt Gashi