Chasing Waterfalls and a and "Devils Pool" after the Regular Route at Sunnyside Bench

Publiziert von Alpin_Rise , 10. Januar 2017 um 10:03.

Region: Welt » United States » California
Tour Datum:13 Juni 2014
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T5 - anspruchsvolles Alpinwandern
Klettern Schwierigkeit: IV (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: USA   US-CA 
Aufstieg: 250 m

After my 100k hike I arrived in Yosemite Valley, missing climbing gear as well as a partner. Nevertheless, I got to knew some nice people and I had the chance to do some easy climbing routes like After Six, Snake Dike and the Regular Route at Sunnyside beach. The last is regarded as one of the easiest routes in the Valley and offers some nice (but not first-class), varied climbing. As a special treat you can reach the pools above Lower Yosemite Falls from the End of the climb - a really exclusive and impressive spot ressembling the famous devils pool

Nice and easy climb to the Yosemite's Devils Pools.

The approach is short and the start a few metres away from the tourist trail to Lower Yosemite Falls. For an excellent descritiption have a look at mountainproject.com.
The first part is some chimney climbing, then you go to the right to do the exposed crux, then into 5th class terrain. From there you have to find the right ledge eastwards to the pools or turn right to descend back to the valley floor via some ledges (T5), not easy to find, look at the guide-books. 

Tourengänger: Alpin_Rise

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»