Easy Trad Climbing in Yosemite Valley: "After Six" on Manure Pile Buttress

Publiziert von Alpin_Rise , 10. Januar 2017 um 09:54.

Region: Welt » United States » California
Tour Datum:12 Juni 2014
Klettern Schwierigkeit: V (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: USA 
Aufstieg: 150 m
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Short walk from Camp 4
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Camp 4 and some others in the valley

After arriving in Yosemite Valley from a 100 km Backcounty-Trip I was sucessful to find a climbing partner and some gear. Our first climb should be an easy trad / clean climb down in the valley. "After Six" is a good option, as it is one of the easiest multi-pitch climbs in Yosemite.
Since I didn't do any serious climbing for almost a year (!), it turned out not to be that easy. As I found out later, the climb itself is notorious for not beeing graded too friendly. The polished rock in the first pitch and the hot weather made me sweat... nevertheless, it was a great experience and a good initation in Yosemite's granite.

"After Six" or even more months without climbing - comeback in a Yosemite's classic!

I won't go into the routes details since there's the Mountainproject's Description for further information; reading the comments not everybody was pleased with the 5.6 cotation. I can confirm the first pitch beeing a really hard 5.6 (UIAA V-/4c)... We did a 5.9 variation below the big roof in the last ptich, which was not so much harder in fact.

For German speaking readers there's a nice report, written by  a well-known Swiss Climber. Those prefering entertaining video clips find an illustrating clip where you can see a climber struggling in the first pitch.The clip ends around pitch 4.

Finally I could do half a dozen climbs around Yosemite, inlcuding the world famous Snake Dike, Sunny Side Bench (pics to follow),  Eichhorns Pinnacle, soloing Pywiack Dome and  two times Lembert Dome - I defintely have to come back in a better shape to do more in this world class climbing sport!

Tourengänger: Alpin_Rise

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentare (1)

Kommentar hinzufügen

Bertrand hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 17. Januar 2017 um 12:19
>Since I didn't do any serious climbing for almost a year (!)

Te connaissant un peu j'ai du mal à y croire...

Kommentar hinzufügen»