Monte Giove

Publiziert von Arbutus , 24. August 2009 um 16:19.

Region: Welt » Italien » Piemont
Tour Datum:23 August 2009
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3 - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: CH-VS   I 
Aufstieg: 1300 m
Abstieg: 2100 m
Strecke:Rifugio Margaroli - Passo Busan - Lower Busan Lake - Monte Giove - Passo Busan - Scatta Minoia - Alpe Forno - Albrunpass - Binntalhuette - Binn
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Alpe di Cruina (Postbus) - Griespass - Rifugio Città di Busto - Passo Nefelgiu - Rifugio Margaroli
Zufahrt zum Ankunftspunkt:Binn: Postbus to Fiesch, then MGB trains to Brig or Oberwald
Unterkunftmöglichkeiten:Rifugio Margaroli and Binntalhuette

From Rifugio Margaroli (2195m), I crossed the dam and got on the steep trail up the hill. After hitting Passo Busan (2493m), the trail drops into the Busan basin and follows the east side of Lower Busan Lake; I stayed on the trail and, about 500m before the dam, headed up on a steep trail that branches off to the left. I climbed up the moderately steep meadow at the base of Monte Giove and headed southeast on the meadow, ending up on a marked trail (red-white paint and cairns) that got me up the scree field all the way to the top. (Watch for chamois as they run across the scree fields, and remember that they may very well drop a rock your way.) The summit is spectacular and offers lofty views in all directions. Same way back down to the lake and Passo Busan. Rather than going back to Lago Vanin, I followed an interesting and mostly level cross-country route to Scatta Minoia (expect lots of boulder-hopping). Then I dropped into Val Devero and climbed back up to Albrunpass. I crossed into Switzerland, visited the Binntalhuette, and followed the easy valley trail all the way to the town of Binn.

Tourengänger: Arbutus

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»