Pihapper morning ascent

Publiziert von monkey7 , 24. August 2022 um 22:20.

Region: Welt » Österreich » Zentrale Ostalpen » Venedigergruppe
Tour Datum:18 August 2022
Wandern Schwierigkeit: T3+ - anspruchsvolles Bergwandern
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: A 
Zeitbedarf: 5:00
Aufstieg: 1350 m
Abstieg: 1350 m
Strecke:N/NW grat normalroute
Zufahrt zum Ausgangspunkt:Parking at gasthaus Berghof, 10 min by car from Hollersbach im Pinzgau.

Parked my car at Berghof at 3.30 for an early start. Do keep in mind there are separate parking spots for public use (gravel, to the left of the house) and guest use (asphalt, to the right of the house). My goal for this day: get up in time for sunrise, enjoy the view and take a panorama, have a late breakfast in the valley.

The trail leads up a clear double track which at some points turns into a forest hiking trail, crossing regular Forstwegen on the way up. Just above the treeline you will find the Pölsneralm. On my first try of the Pihapper I used the firewood shed of this private alm for shelter for bad weather and had to turn around. This time I had a bit more luck with the weather.

Continueing from the Pölsneralm the trail goes up a little to the ridge and simply keeps following this ridge until the Pflugberg (2414). Up until this point the character of the trail is friendly and grassy, although not completely easy to navigate by headlamp. Upon turning to the southeast this changes, with wind picking up and the terrain and trail becoming rocky and more exposed. At this point you are close to your final elevation, but not yet at the peak itself.

At 30 minutes from the top you will find a windsheltered rocky outcrop. The bergrettung has placed a drum with a torch (massive candle) for emergencies at this location, just to the left of the trail. A few metres further there appears to be a rain sheltered natural cave. The trail continues on more or less horizontally, bypassing a few high points in the ridge and closing in on the peak itself. The final approach has a few steel assists and a ladder, of which only the ladder is necessary in good conditions. Due to a little time pressure from the rising sun, I sadly forgot to take photos.

The view at the top is particularly good, with the Pihapper towering above the Kitzbühler Alpen to the north and both the Venediger and Glockner in view in the south. Fortunately, I was just in time to photograph the sunrise across al this. After turning tail I saw the weather turn bad around the Venediger and got myself down to the car in about two hours, had that second breakfast at about 9.30.

Tourengänger: monkey7

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

Kommentar hinzufügen»