Strahlkogel Traverse (Westgrat up, Ostgrat down)

Publiziert von mvs , 14. Juli 2020 um 19:01.

Region: Welt » Austria » Zentrale Ostalpen » Stubaier Alpen
Tour Datum:12 Juli 2020
Hochtouren Schwierigkeit: ZS-
Klettern Schwierigkeit: III (UIAA-Skala)
Wegpunkte:
Geo-Tags: A 
Zeitbedarf: 15:00
Aufstieg: 2000 m
Abstieg: 2000 m
Strecke:Grastalsee to Strahlkogel via Westgrat. Down Ostgrat to Larstigerscharte, down the Larstigtal and out

We started early, which was good because we took a wrong turn above the Grastalsee, going too far south. Back down to the lake!

This time we got it right. We traveled without a rope up to the notch in the Westgrat, then beyond for very enjoyable climbing until the steeper terrain of the summit block. A simul-climbed ~80 meter pitch to the top.

We didn't know what to expect for the Ostgrat, and were surprised at the difficulties. However, we enjoyed it tremendously.

We turned left to follow the ridge down to the Larstigerscharte. We found the most difficult pitch of the day here, a light gray tower with a short vertical step (III+). This section of the ridge must be rarely climbed -- I dislodged an enormous block by touching it with my foot.

Enjoyable travel down the Larstigtal. A gorgeous day.

Tourengänger: mvs

Minimap
0Km
Klicke um zu zeichnen. Klicke auf den letzten Punkt um das Zeichnen zu beenden

Geodaten
 49222.kml The way up and most of the way down

Galerie

In einem neuen Fenster öffnen · Im gleichen Fenster öffnen

T6- ZS- III
30 Sep 18
Strahlkogel (Westgrat) · Plauscher
III
14 Aug 12
Strahlkogel Westgrat · dercenturio
ZS- III
WS+ II WT5
28 Feb 13
Schwierige Berge über der Winnebachseehütte · Heidelberger Gipfelsammler Ötzi II

Kommentare (3)

Kommentar hinzufügen

Plauscher hat gesagt: Congrats
Gesendet am 16. Juli 2020 um 20:33
to this great traverse. I loved this peak :)

mvs hat gesagt: RE:Congrats
Gesendet am 16. Juli 2020 um 20:55
Yes, thank you Plauscher!

I see your report on the Kuchenspitze -- I'd like to follow your route, looks like a fantastic adventure for late summer.

Plauscher hat gesagt: RE:Congrats
Gesendet am 17. Juli 2020 um 14:41
Yeah, the Kuchenspitze is also a wonderful peak.

The late summer is perfect, because the danger of falling rocks in the gutters is much lower, when it's dry.

Wish you good luck, but the Kuchenspitze won't be a problem for you after the Strahlkogel-traverse ;)

Kommentar hinzufügen»