"In der Nähe" Experiment II

Publiziert von Stani™, 1. April 2008 um 15:54. Diese Seite wurde 187 mal angezeigt.

Salut ... Hi!
(English below) Alors nous continuons nos experiences sur un site web vivant. Cette fois nous avons completement refait la boite "A proximité" (In der Nähe). Comme vous pouvez voir elle se trouve maintenant sous le rapport (sous les commentaires). Elle beaucoup plus grande et beaucoup plus visible (et aussi lisible). Elle contient 2 onglets: "Rapports connexes" et "A proximité". Les rapports connexes sont les rapports qui ont des points en commun avec le rapport courant. Cette liste est triée par le nombre de point en comments et par date de la randonnée. Deuxième liste est plus simple, se sont tous les rapports qui se trouvent dans les parrages, triées par date de la rando.

Nous avons aussi changé le reglage par defaut de la minimap: elle est maintenant fermée. Annulé, la minimap reste comme avant.

A vous maintenant: que'est ce vous pensez?

We continue our experiences with "In der Nähe"/"In the vicinity" box. As you can see we moved it under the report. The new box is biggier and better :) The "Related reports" tab contains reports that have points in common with the current report. This list is ordered by number of common points then the hike date. Other tab "In the vicinity" simply lists all reports in the vicinity, ordered by hike date.

We also set the default mode for the minimap to "hidden" Cancelled. Minimap remains open by default.

Your turn now : say what you think.

Zê Ikr Time

Kommentare (12)

Kommentar hinzufügen

phono hat gesagt: :(
Gesendet am 1. April 2008 um 16:20
i like the box underneath the report. it's nicely designed and provides a good overview.

however, i miss the minimap. i am convinced that nowadays and future surfing-behavior on the internet is/will be based on maps. the effort of the big players in this sector is enormous. google spends a lot of money on google earth. map.search just recently updated their database with the swisstopo database (which costs about 100k license fees per year). microsoft started a map with a "birds eye view" (see e.g. http://maps.live.de//LiveSearch.LocalLive?cp=47.38188710203275~8.52775532033985&scene=20969950&style=o&lvl=1)

these few examples show clearly the direction. internet users more and more will get used to this kind of map-based-surfing.
therefore i really hope the minimap will get back by default ;)

Stani™ hat gesagt: RE::(
Gesendet am 1. April 2008 um 17:04
Hi phono, thanks for the feedback! The minimap is still here! You should click on the "Open the minimap" link, then it stay forever! (or at least until you close it).

phono hat gesagt: :)
Gesendet am 1. April 2008 um 17:10
oh. i just reckognized that. a user-defined setting. cool. well then - MY minimap is enabled ;)

Stani™ hat gesagt: RE::)
Gesendet am 1. April 2008 um 19:48
we put it back "on" by default. Do you use it often?

phono hat gesagt: RE::)
Gesendet am 1. April 2008 um 20:05
yes, i do. at least i use it much much more than the "in the neighborhood"-box.

first of all, the mini-map gives an instant overview about where a report takes place. this feature is just great.
even more, i can look for neighboring points on the map itself (instead using the box ;) )

it is probably just my way of thinking that lets me prefer the map.

in general, my main way of surfing on hikr is using the "big" map. quite often, i read a report and open the big map from the minimap.

Stani™ hat gesagt: RE::)
Gesendet am 1. April 2008 um 20:21
Nice! It's interesting to know that. Probably we should add an "Expand" button on the minimap to enlarge it without leaving the page...? Or just a "Zoom" button on the top to open the big map more quickly?

Actually, new box is different. The advantage of the new box is that one can see more "relevent" and more recent reports first. "Relevent" is just the number of matching points now, but we could imagine better criteria. For example, user-suggested criteria like "same tour" (when each tourengänger publish a report), "same route", "variante", ...

Fenek hat gesagt: wow
Gesendet am 1. April 2008 um 19:19
das sieht sehr schön aus!!
Schliesse mich Phono an, die Map ist sicher für viele wichtig. Wahrscheinlich ist es besser, wenn sie gleich automatisch erscheint.....

gute Arbeit!
Fenek

Stani™ hat gesagt: RE:wow
Gesendet am 1. April 2008 um 19:45
Merci Fenek! Nous avons remis la minimap comme avant.

Cyrill hat gesagt:
Gesendet am 1. April 2008 um 20:01
Hello Stani

Es war vorher besser. Als die "in der Nähe"-Berichte am rechten Rand erschienen sind. Es war übersichtlicher und einfacher zu navigieren. So wie es jetzt ist mit "Verbundene Berichte" ist es schwieriger zu navigieren für jemand der die Seite nicht kennt.

Frage: Nach welchem Kriterium sind die "verbundene Berichte" sortiert? Welche kommen zu erste, welche zu letzt?

Gruzz Cyrill

Stani™ hat gesagt: RE:
Gesendet am 1. April 2008 um 20:10
Salut Cyrill.
"In der Nähe" box on the right was very rarely used by visitors, especially first time visitors. It's exactly the reason why we started the "experiment". Now we have to see statistics for some days, but it seems already that it's more often used like that. Also, on the bottom we have a lot of space and we can present things better.

> Frage: Nach welchem Kriterium sind die "verbundene Berichte" sortiert? Welche kommen zu erste, welche zu letzt?

(1)number of common points
(2)date of the tour (most recent first)

Tschüss
S.

Fenek hat gesagt: RE: Cyrill's Meinung
Gesendet am 1. April 2008 um 20:28
ok, Stani, ich habe nun etliche Berichte ausprobiert. Wenn ein Report viele Kommentare hat :-), dann muss man sehr weit nach unten scrollen, bis die Box kommt. Das ist in der Tat nicht sehr übersichtlich, gebe Cyrill Recht.

Das Layout ist aber sehr schön!

Stani™ hat gesagt: RE: Cyrill's Meinung
Gesendet am 1. April 2008 um 20:37
Oui, j'ai remarqué ça. Je ne pense pas que c'est bien de mettre le box devant les commentaires. Il faut probablement mettre un lien devant les commentaires qui indique qu'il y a encore quelque chose plus bas...

Le problème, comme j'ai expliqué à Cyrill, c'est que à droite ça ne marchait pas très bien. En plus il y a très peu de place.

Kommentar hinzufügen»